Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze 4K and controller having connections issues

Reaction score
I first got the drone in April. For a month or so, everything was great and working as it should. Until one day, I'm flying the Breeze about 80 meters in the air and it loses signal. Typically this isn't an issue since it will usually return home upon losing signal, but my battery is running low. I have no way of making the drone descend and it's not returning to home. Eventually the battery dies and it plummets to the ground, shattering both the drone and my heart.

A few weeks later, I get my replacement drone from Yuneec. However, I'm having similar issues. First off, the controller does not stay consistently connected, and when the drone is flying, it often loses connection (Only this time I'm constantly checking my battery.)

My Fiance and I are going to Big Sur next month and I would really really love to bring a working drone to get some shots. If anyone knows anything I can do to fix these issues it would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, the phone I was using originally was a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and now I have a Galaxy S9 Plus.

Try placing the S9 in Airplane Mode, then only enable WiFi (and Bluetooth if you use the joystick controller). Android is always looking for an active path to the internet unless it is in Airplane Mode. This makes the Breeze get dropped easily since it has no path to the internet, especially in an area with a lot of WiFi hotspots.

The other signal reducer is a protective case, especially if it has metal in it. If you have a case on the phone try removing it to see if the connectivity improves.

I just checked and see that the S9 uses the Oreo OS. Many running Oreo have had to reboot the phone right before flying the Breeze. Unfortunately Yuneec has not done any updates to the Breeze Cam app for some time now on iOS or Android.

Last edited:
Try placing the S9 in Airplane Mode, then only enable WiFi (and Bluetooth if you use the joystick controller). Android is always looking for an active path to the internet unless it is in Airplane Mode. This makes the Breeze get dropped easily since it has no path to the internet, especially in an area with a lot of WiFi hotspots.

The other signal reducer is a protective case, especially if it has metal in it. If you have a case on the phone try removing it to see if the connectivity improves.

I just checked and see that the S9 uses the Oreo OS. Many running Oreo have had to reboot the phone right before flying the Breeze. Unfortunately Yuneec has not done any updates to the Breeze Cam app for some time now on iOS or Android.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try all three of these and report back tomorrow.

So I tried these three things and am having the same issues. The drone is having trouble not only establishing a connection with the phone, but keeping one once it does, and the controller says it's connected in the app, but loses connection seconds later.

Contact Yuneec Customer Support to see what they suggest.

I would love too, but their chat doesn't seem to be working, and their customer service line never seems to have a holding time less than 80 minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge