Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze and St16?

Reaction score
While i really like the design and size of the breeze I hate that you have to use your phone to fly it. Has anyone tried paring the breeze with an ST16? If it works with the ST16 I'll go out and buy a breeze asap1

I wasn't able to get mine to pair with a friends ST16, but I didn't have much time to play with it. We where both in a hurry and I was just curious if it would pair or not. I will try to get more time with his ST16 BUT I feel this quad is designed for users to fly with their phones only. That's the market this quad is geared for anyways, people who are always taking selfies with their phones.. I am still really enjoying this quad and find it VERY fun to fly, even if the range is limited due to the phone.

Flying the Breeze with that huge remote kind of defeats the purpose of the breeze in my opinion.
The ST16 appears to be bigger and heavier than the breeze....Maybe they need to come up with a smaller version of the ST10.

Cheers.

I agree, if I had to carry a large remote with me I would probably just carry my Phantom or Typhoon and not worry about the small breeze. I like the breeze for its small portability and for close photos and videos.. I don't plan to use it for more than photos and video.. I don't plan on it being a flyer and flying it thousands of feet away..

Thats just me though

I spoke with Yuneec support today and was told that using a remote is not possible now but may be in the future.

Reactions: Snagglesworth
I like the Breeze for indoor uses. It seems Yuneec designed it especially for that purpose, my Typhoon H for outdoor use and the Breeze for indoors, sounds like a perfect match. Does anyone know how the cameras match up?

Got my Breeze yesterday for indoor use and although I like the unit, it takes some getting used to. Controlling on a touchscreen is tough and the unit drifts quite a bit. I also found that it will climb as you move over objects like it's trying to maintain an elevation. For example, if you are flying 4' off of the floor and you move over a coffee table, the Breeze seems to climb. Still working with it trying to get comfortable. As for camera, it's pretty good, nothing like the CGO3, more like a high end cell phone picture and the stabilized 1080 video is nice.

Update: Drifting was caused by having GPS turned on indoors. Once I deactivated the GPS, and turned down the sensitivity, all was good. Be sure you have enough light for the flow control and the most important thing, TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS for your device. If a text message comes in you will lose control :-/

Last edited:
Got my Breeze yesterday for indoor use and although I like the unit, it takes some getting used to. Controlling on a touchscreen is tough and the unit drifts quite a bit. I also found that it will climb as you move over objects like it's trying to maintain an elevation. For example, if you are flying 4' off of the floor and you move over a coffee table, the Breeze seems to climb. Still working with it trying to get comfortable. As for camera, it's pretty good, nothing like the CGO3, more like a high end cell phone picture and the stabilized 1080 video is nice.

Update: Drifting was caused by having GPS turned on indoors. Once I deactivated the GPS, and turned down the sensitivity, all was good. Be sure you have enough light for the flow control and the most important thing, TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS for your device. If a text message comes in you will lose control :-/
Great post, this is what I've been waiting to hear. I'm a bit disappointed in the camera quality. How's the gimbal? I think it's a one or two axis gimbal is that right?

There is no gimbal, just tilt. The stabilization is performed on the fly and is software based. The camera takes the 4K video and stabilizes it down to 1080. So far daytime, outdoor video seems good, low light indoor or evening footage is grainy, I will post a new thread with examples soon...

While i really like the design and size of the breeze I hate that you have to use your phone to fly it. Has anyone tried paring the breeze with an ST16? If it works with the ST16 I'll go out and buy a breeze asap1

can't you connect a PS3 gamepad to the phone thru USB host
As several of us did with the Parrot bebop 2

IMAG0016.jpg IMAG0022.jpg IMAG0016.jpg IMAG0022.jpg

I have the Typhoon and its control station you can exit the Flight Navigator program and actually surf the internet and you guessed it Fly the breeze, Ive downloaded the App onto the controllers hard drive

Reactions: abinder

Would it just be best to put the device controlling it into 'airplane' mode and then turn on the wifi ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can't you connect a PS3 gamepad to the phone thru USB host
As several of us did with the Parrot bebop 2
I just tried this. First with the galaxy s7, but that one doesn't support the ps3 controller anymore apparently. Then I tried it with an S5, and you can control the phone with the PS3 controller. Sadly when you open Breeze cam, the PS3 controller doesn't work anymore. Would have been great otherwise

Flying the Breeze with that huge remote kind of defeats the purpose of the breeze in my opinion.
The ST16 appears to be bigger and heavier than the breeze....Maybe they need to come up with a smaller version of the ST10.

Cheers.
Maybe you should go fly a DJI Marshmellow, you dont have a clue how awesome that ground station feels like, with a support harness no weight issues just pure control.

Reactions: clean1
So guess never saw a answer to questions does st16 work with breeze any way ?

If it works at all, it would be the same as using the phone. I think the WiFi is capable of 5.8 GHz. The sticks are paired to channels in the radio of the ST-16. So rather pointless to use the ST-16 with the Breeze.

Reactions: Slawson
The ST16 will control the Breeze using the stock OS in "pad" mode, and will only operate using the touch screen..

Outside of that, no, it will not function.

I highly recommend using the included controller, it feels appropriate for the drone.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions Slawson.

I knew the sticks were out as they are tied to radio channels. I wasn’t sure about using the touch screen as Yuneec doesn’t publish complete specs of the ST-16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval