Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze battery flashing blue (not charging)

I just resurrected one by just charging the main power tabs on the battery (the vertical one is the positive terminal). I used a power supply instead of my balance charger. I set it for 11.1V at 1.0A. I let it charge for 15 minutes. I just threw it on my yuneec charger and it's flashing red again.

Be careful with these batteries. Yuneec CS is really, really bad.

Reactions: TyGT
I'm having the same problem. Yuneec has 20-45 min wait times on their phone support. I opted for the option of them calling me back on my number twice, which they never did. I finally got an email after 5 days telling me that if I plan on not flying for even one day, that I should discharge them to 50%. I had them both fully charged for a week and now I'm getting flashing blue on both. They also recommended that I bring them to a hobby shop and see if they can trickle charge them for me. I'm charging them right now on (my regular lipo charger) in the hopes that their proprietary charger will recognize their proprietary battery.

They have a 30 day warranty and if you go past it, they will tell you to pound salt, assuming you can even get a hold of them.
Sent mine back to Yuneec and got a replacement battery within 3 days

I just resurrected one by just charging the main power tabs on the battery (the vertical one is the positive terminal). I used a power supply instead of my balance charger. I set it for 11.1V at 1.0A. I let it charge for 15 minutes. I just threw it on my yuneec charger and it's flashing red again.

Be careful with these batteries. Yuneec CS is really, really bad.

Man I sure would love to know more. I have one blinking blue, out of warranty, but hardly used at all. Hate to spend another $50 to $60 on this drone. You saying this worked for you to resurrect what appeared to be a bad battery. Any additional info would be great. Pictures of power supply, what leads you connected to battery and how. That would be YUUGE! Thanks.

One of my batteries isn't charging,whenever I put it on the doc it just flashes blue rapidly.

Anyone has this problem ?

Yes, I had the same problem with a new battery that I bought at Wal-Mart. Having used lipo batteries for several years I have had this happen a few times. What has happened is the voltage has dropped too low for the charger to activate charge circuit in the battery. To remedy this problem, I use my iMax B6AC+ charger to bring the voltage back up to 10.1 volts. I use the Nimh setting @ 1.0amp to charge with. Connect two banana plugs with just straight red and black wires coming out of the plugs. Looking at the Breeze battery from the top where the latch is, the pin on the far left is positive (+) , pin on far right is negative (-). You can see the charging pins by tilting the battery back towards you. I solder tin my wires after cutting about 1/4 inch of the sheathing off. Then just plug the (+) wire into the far left pin on the charging plug. Plug the (-) wire into the far right pin on the port. My suggestion is to use a multi-tester to make sure you have the correct pins on the battery. You DON'T want to get these pins backwards. I turn my iMax on, set it to charge and watch the voltage rise until it reaches 10.1volts. Then shut the charger down, disconnect the leads and plug your battery into the supplied breeze charger. You charger will start charging like it should and, fully charge your battery. Now some batteries do have bad cells in them from the factory and, this procedure will not save them. This procedure has worked for me many times over the years. WORD OF CAUTION!! If you are not comfortable using a soldering iron or multi-meter or, have no electronics background, it might be in your best interest to find a friend or someone who will help you do this procedure.
Have fun and Enjoy!

Had one right out of the box, would not charge over 75%, so I ran it down to 30ish then it took a charge. Not sure if that is a good fix or I just got lucky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy