Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BREEZE BATTERY PROBLEMS

Reaction score
I have 3 batteries for the Breeze that seems to be discharging immediately when put into the drone with Wi Fi connected, and drone activated. I've drained them twice and recharged them. When put into the drone it shows 94% then quickly discharges down to 4% within 60 seconds and the drone safely lands. I've only had in hovering when this begins to happen. Please advise asap . thanking you in advance.

Lenny Muroff
[email protected]
561-386-0123

It truly sounds as if these batteries have been discharged to a point less than 3V per cell.
If you have a multimeter measure the voltage of each cell in each battery when they are fully charged and when they are discharged. Try landing at about 20% charge before the Breeze auto lands.
See this thread to show battery pin out Battery blinking blue light.
Report your results here.

Reactions: robbie2
I have 3 batteries for the Breeze that seems to be discharging immediately when put into the drone with Wi Fi connected, and drone activated. I've drained them twice and recharged them. When put into the drone it shows 94% then quickly discharges down to 4% within 60 seconds and the drone safely lands. I've only had in hovering when this begins to happen. Please advise asap . thanking you in advance.

Lenny Muroff
[email protected]
561-386-0123
Exactly what happened to me now.

I have found the battery meter on the app to be somewhat unreliable, you may have mistakenly used a spent battery that looks like it is 100% when you first launch, but in reality it is already spent. I have done this and it becomes more likely if you bring multiple batteries. Once I was flying for over 7 minutes and the meter was still 100%, pretty sure it wasn't a full battery, so I flew back and landed, if I had believed the meter, I might have seen my Breeze attempt to land in the ocean.

I have another battery related problem. I bought two replacement batteries from amazon. I have had them less than a year, and now the battery charger can't charge them. I get the dread blue blinking light, which tells me the charger is having problems..

Should I just buy brand new batteries and hope that they last longer?

I have another battery related problem. I bought two replacement batteries from amazon. I have had them less than a year, and now the battery charger can't charge them. I get the dread blue blinking light, which tells me the charger is having problems..

See the information in this post Battery blinking blue light.

Your batteries can possibly be restored, but storing them a long time fully charged or below 11.4V causes damage that is usually irreversible. Try to restore them, but use caution and fly the Breeze close by until you see how long the batteries will last in flight. Mine are in decent shape and last 8 to 11 minutes flight time on average.

I would unplug the battery, then plug it back in, wait. Next, if that doesn't solve the problem, I would try a different Breeze charger. If that doesn't work, I would check the voltage using a Multimeter for each cell. If it is unbalanced, you might want to use an after market charger to balance charge the battery, but you have to be careful.

I would unplug the battery, then plug it back in, wait. Next, if that doesn't solve the problem, I would try a different Breeze charger. If that doesn't work, I would check the voltage using a Multimeter for each cell. If it is unbalanced, you might want to use an after market charger to balance charge the battery, but you have to be careful.

Thank you for your response. I went ahead and threw out the defunct batteries (at a recycling centre of course), and ordered new ones. I hope to have better luck.

If you do not have a third party charger that will allow you to place them at storage voltage, you can follow this routine and it will help.

Never store the batteries at full charge for more than 3 days.
Fly your batteries to 30% and land by 20% to avoid stressing them. The voltage will rebound after cooling off to somewhere around 11.4 volts.

Reactions: Mokuluanui

Lenny Muroff
[email protected]
561-386-0123
Hey Lenny...

I just came across your post and I seem to be having the exact same issue. I'm no expert but I don't think it's a battery problem though. When mine started doing this rapid discharge, it was literally overnight. One day everything was hunky dory while flying and the next day I tried flying and as I was connecting to my wi-fi, I noticed that the battery on the drone was already down to 94% from a fresh battery. I lifted off and before it was 50 ft. away the blaring battery alarm was sounding. I brought her back, changed to another fully charged battery and tried again. Exact same result. I had one more and tried that as well this time paying real close attention to the battery meter as the drone was climbing straight up appx. 6 ft. in launch mode. The battery meter was rolling down like a slot machine until it hit 20% and auto landed. I can't imagine that all three of the batteries would die simultaneously. I thought about buying another battery but I'm just not convinced that's the problem. Mine has done this since just before Christmas and I had been searching for anyone with similar issues. We can't be the only two.
Hopefully this will help explain it to some of the experts who follow this thread.

Hey Lenny...

I just came across your post and I seem to be having the exact same issue. I'm no expert but I don't think it's a battery problem though. When mine started doing this rapid discharge, it was literally overnight. One day everything was hunky dory while flying and the next day I tried flying and as I was connecting to my wi-fi, I noticed that the battery on the drone was already down to 94% from a fresh battery. I lifted off and before it was 50 ft. away the blaring battery alarm was sounding. I brought her back, changed to another fully charged battery and tried again. Exact same result. I had one more and tried that as well this time paying real close attention to the battery meter as the drone was climbing straight up appx. 6 ft. in launch mode. The battery meter was rolling down like a slot machine until it hit 20% and auto landed. I can't imagine that all three of the batteries would die simultaneously. I thought about buying another battery but I'm just not convinced that's the problem. Mine has done this since just before Christmas and I had been searching for anyone with similar issues. We can't be the only two.
Hopefully this will help explain it to some of the experts who follow this thread.
I have seen this as well, so I don't really trust what the app says is the charge. Try charging the battery as usual, but then checking the charge with a Multimeter, you may find that the battery is not in balance or more than likely, you confused a battery that was spent and placed it in the Breeze thinking it was fully charged. When you place a spent battery into the Breeze, it may have enough capacity to say that it is charged initially, then rapidly deteriorate, so checking all batteries with a multimeter prior to flying is the best idea, at least for a while until you figure this out.

sorry to resurrect an old post. i have a similar, most likely self inflicted situation. well over a year ago i got a MAvic2pro, and put my breeze on a shelf. I have 3 "factory" 1100Mah batteries, and one GIFI ftermarket purchased before retiring my breeze. two of the factory bats are puffy, I don't think the Gifi battery ever worked corrctly, but it's been a year. to not get any more lengthy on this post. I have had to ressurect my breeze to use breifly as a "B-roll"
or scouting cam. without wasting much more of my time tsting cells et, has anybody had luck ith any 3rd party batteries that they recommend that i csn purchase at my own risk. The gifi batts on amazon hve gotten abysmal reviews. the one i did buy was a "tight fit" and has since become puffy.
thanks for any recommendations. this is not criticl, as i just want to have an inexpensive bird for my wife without major invetmnt.
thank you

Based on your post, I would stick to OEM batteries, that's what I have and they have been reliable, other than getting out of balance on occasion.

Hi, I'm a new member. How did you drain your battery? did you just fly it until the warning beeps sounded?
Are you trying to get the battery down to storage level?

If that is the case fly until you get to 30% battery level then land and remove the battery. Once it cools it should rebound to near 11.4V which is storage voltage.

Are you trying to get the battery down to storage level?

If that is the case fly until you get to 30% battery level then land and remove the battery. Once it cools it should rebound to near 11.4V which is storage voltage.
Haven't flown this in over a year and just wanted to cycle my batteries a few times. Didn't know if there was a way outside of flying my breeze to run the batteries down, Did do some more reading on this form and found the battery pinout drawing and my batteries checked at 4.15 4.15 and 4.17 so I think they are ok.

Haven't flown this in over a year and just wanted to cycle my batteries a few times. Didn't know if there was a way outside of flying my breeze to run the batteries down, Did do some more reading on this form and found the battery pinout drawing and my batteries checked at 4.15 4.15 and 4.17 so I think they are ok.
Cells voltage measured without load doesn't mean battery is in good condition.
4,2v ~ indicates that battery was left unused at full charge instead of storage voltage, that is around 3,8v/cell.
The only way to check battery efficiency is an aftermarket charger with internal resistance analyzer.
Easiest is to try a takeoff and leave the Breeze hovering at low altitude, and see how long battery lasts.

Cells voltage measured without load doesn't mean battery is in good condition.
4,2v ~ indicates that battery was left unused at full charge instead of storage voltage, that is around 3,8v/cell.
The only way to check battery efficiency is an aftermarket charger with internal resistance analyzer.
Easiest is to try a takeoff and leave the Breeze hovering at low altitude, and see how long battery lasts.
I tried to do that and just let it go to take off height (3 Feet) but after a while my breeze started spinning in circles and crashed into the ground. Broke two props and a prop guard. I did realize that before that happened I layed my phone (controller) flat down on the chair I was sitting in. Didn't know if this would cause the problem. Any suggestions on an aftermarket charger?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval