Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BREEZE BATTERY PROBLEMS

Reaction score
I have 3 batteries for the Breeze that seems to be discharging immediately when put into the drone with Wi Fi connected, and drone activated. I've drained them twice and recharged them. When put into the drone it shows 94% then quickly discharges down to 4% within 60 seconds and the drone safely lands. I've only had in hovering when this begins to happen. Please advise asap . thanking you in advance.

Lenny Muroff
[email protected]
561-386-0123

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It truly sounds as if these batteries have been discharged to a point less than 3V per cell.
If you have a multimeter measure the voltage of each cell in each battery when they are fully charged and when they are discharged. Try landing at about 20% charge before the Breeze auto lands.
See this thread to show battery pin out Battery blinking blue light.
Report your results here.

Reactions: robbie2
Reaction score
I have 3 batteries for the Breeze that seems to be discharging immediately when put into the drone with Wi Fi connected, and drone activated. I've drained them twice and recharged them. When put into the drone it shows 94% then quickly discharges down to 4% within 60 seconds and the drone safely lands. I've only had in hovering when this begins to happen. Please advise asap . thanking you in advance.

Lenny Muroff
[email protected]
561-386-0123
Exactly what happened to me now.

Reaction score
I have found the battery meter on the app to be somewhat unreliable, you may have mistakenly used a spent battery that looks like it is 100% when you first launch, but in reality it is already spent. I have done this and it becomes more likely if you bring multiple batteries. Once I was flying for over 7 minutes and the meter was still 100%, pretty sure it wasn't a full battery, so I flew back and landed, if I had believed the meter, I might have seen my Breeze attempt to land in the ocean.

Reaction score
I have another battery related problem. I bought two replacement batteries from amazon. I have had them less than a year, and now the battery charger can't charge them. I get the dread blue blinking light, which tells me the charger is having problems..

Should I just buy brand new batteries and hope that they last longer?

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have another battery related problem. I bought two replacement batteries from amazon. I have had them less than a year, and now the battery charger can't charge them. I get the dread blue blinking light, which tells me the charger is having problems..

See the information in this post Battery blinking blue light.

Your batteries can possibly be restored, but storing them a long time fully charged or below 11.4V causes damage that is usually irreversible. Try to restore them, but use caution and fly the Breeze close by until you see how long the batteries will last in flight. Mine are in decent shape and last 8 to 11 minutes flight time on average.

Reaction score

I would unplug the battery, then plug it back in, wait. Next, if that doesn't solve the problem, I would try a different Breeze charger. If that doesn't work, I would check the voltage using a Multimeter for each cell. If it is unbalanced, you might want to use an after market charger to balance charge the battery, but you have to be careful.

Reaction score
I would unplug the battery, then plug it back in, wait. Next, if that doesn't solve the problem, I would try a different Breeze charger. If that doesn't work, I would check the voltage using a Multimeter for each cell. If it is unbalanced, you might want to use an after market charger to balance charge the battery, but you have to be careful.

Thank you for your response. I went ahead and threw out the defunct batteries (at a recycling centre of course), and ordered new ones. I hope to have better luck.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If you do not have a third party charger that will allow you to place them at storage voltage, you can follow this routine and it will help.

Never store the batteries at full charge for more than 3 days.
Fly your batteries to 30% and land by 20% to avoid stressing them. The voltage will rebound after cooling off to somewhere around 11.4 volts.

Reactions: Mokuluanui

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Almightycrash