Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze controller and iOS app.

Reaction score
Hello
New Breeze owner here. Couple of questions. My app does not have the FPV option, but has controller in it's place. Is the normal ?? And, the controller is VERY difficult to pair with my iPhone 6 Plus. I t takes several attempts to connect and then is unreliable. Odd thing is it sometimes comes up as GameSir G3 and other times under another name on my phones bluetooth settings. I tried forgetting it several times and still being difficult. I prefer the controller to the phone app, seems more natural and easy to operate. But reliability is key. Is there maybe a firmware update for the controller ??
Thanks.

I'm new too, had my breeze for 2 days. I had some issues too, but now, connection is perfect and quick. Turn on Breeze, wait for 10 seconds or so, connect up wi-fi (which it does automatically if I'm outside of my home wi-fi range - this is nice), go to the Breeze app, tap on Controller, go thru a few pages, then when in Controller Mode (top of screen), it connects to B/T quickly - within 2 seconds, Controller VIBRATES! (Be sure to turn on the controller pressing Y and the power button at the same time (not sure it matters, but this is what the manual says to do for iOS devices). It was difficult at first, but now it seems the phone is ready to 'pair', and it happens quickly. Good luck. Oh, I have the basic iPhone 6. And yes, on the FPV question, my display only shows the controller too.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hello
New Breeze owner here. Couple of questions. My app does not have the FPV option, but has controller in it's place. Is the normal ?? And, the controller is VERY difficult to pair with my iPhone 6 Plus. I t takes several attempts to connect and then is unreliable. Odd thing is it sometimes comes up as GameSir G3 and other times under another name on my phones bluetooth settings. I tried forgetting it several times and still being difficult. I prefer the controller to the phone app, seems more natural and easy to operate. But reliability is key. Is there maybe a firmware update for the controller ??
Thanks.

I have exact the same problem
Hello
Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem too with iphone 6s plus, is there any fix to this ?

I have exact the same problem

I have exactly the same problem too with iphone 6s plus, is there any fix to this ?

I’ll try to get you going a little better with connecting the controller to your iPhone 6S. First go into the settings of the 6S and delete the GameSir G3 and/or G3’s connections in the Bluetooth settings.

Now place the 6S in airplane mode. Then turn on Bluetooth and WiFi. Turn on the Breeze and when you get the flashing green LED in the arm connect to it in your 6S WiFi Settings. Now start the Breeze Cam app and select controller mode in the Tasks section. Turn on your controller holding Power+Y for 2 seconds or so. Now Slide to Proceed and the controller should connect and vibrate.

***Always connect the controller in the Breeze Cam app, not in the Bluetooth settings on your 6S***

If you have the FPV goggles, once the controller is connected you will find a switch at the upper left of the screen, slide it to the left to enable the FPV mode.

***while flying FPV you require a visual spotter to keep track of your craft and any potential dangers to other craft in the air and people or property on the ground***

Hope this helps get you flying as you wish.

Last edited:
I’ll try to get you going a little better with connecting the controller to your iPhone 6S. First go into the settings of the 6S and delete the GameSir G3 and/or G3’s connections in the Bluetooth settings.

Now place the 6S in airplane mode. Then turn on Bluetooth and WiFi. Turn on the Breeze and when you get the flashing green LED in the arm connect to it in your 6S WiFi Settings. Now start the Breeze Cam app and select controller mode in the Tasks section. Turn on your controller holding Power+Y for 2 seconds or so. Now Slide to Proceed and the controller should connect and vibrate.

***Always connect the controller in the Breeze Cam app, not in the Bluetooth settings on your 6S***

If you have the FPV goggles, once the controller is connected you will find s switch at the upper left of the screen, slide it to the left to enable the FPV mode.

***while flying FPV you require a visual spotter to keep track of your craft and any potential dangers to other craft in the air and people or property on the ground***

If you have the FPV goggles, once the controller is connected you will find s switch at the upper left of the screen, slide it to the left to enable the FPV mode.

Yes it's really work, thank youuuuuuu so much.

Good to hear. Fly happy!

When you fly Breeze, your are recording in a 1080p move the lens up and down or rotate around the video seem to be deteriorate for a few seconds and back to normal again.Only if you don't move the lens....uhm, humburg...I know because of no gimbal, hic hic

Last edited:
I see these are old posts, but I am a newbie and as I'm reading up on connecting my IOS to my controller I'm finding that now when I power on the controller and then go to the app, flip through a couple screens it automatically connects, but it says it is connected to Gamesir-Games and it also shows Gamesir-G3 under other devices. I can't do a forget the device on the Gamesir-Games to get rid of it. Any ideas or knowledge on this?

I have not seen that in the iPhone Bluetooth settings. Which iOS device are you using to run Breeze Cam?

Also, have you applied the firmware update for the controller so it will control the camera tilt using the up/down on the d-pad? If not, reference this thread Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018 and use the 07/07/2018 edit in the first post for installation instructions.

I am on iphone 6 - I ended up resetting the controller and notice that issue with the camera tilt so I do have to do the update and have the files, but I'm a MAC user, so both my PC's here are on their way out and a file was missing on one and the other won't even boot up at the moment...so I'll have to bring it to someone to get it installed. Thanks for the heads up. Fortunately I bought this used from a former co-worker (I'm retired) and he used it only for a few months before upgrading, so I just purchased it and he's been very helpful and told me that I'd probably have to do that if I reset the controller.

It's been very chilly and windy here, so I even got to close to a tree and down it came, but thankfully no harm done!

Resetting the controller should not negate the firmware update. If it was successfully updated before it should still move the camera after a reset. If you have to update the firmware use the USB cable that came with the Breeze ( or any other known good USB data cable - not just power).

Make sure to power up the controller by pressing Y + Power just once to place it in iOS mode should light the second from left LED on front of controller.

You can test the d-pad up and down by going into controller mode and without lifting off try moving the camera.

Thanks for your comments, I was able to use the newer files and get the update done. The camera would not move last night, but after the update it did from controller and app. It's a learning process!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval