Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze controller not connected

This has turned into one the most frustrating things I have come across. I have followed the excellent advice given here, also you tube, done a reset, only to get the same msg but now added no controller connected, checked iPad setting which indicates it is. Did a reset. I have flown with my iPad but I want to use the controller.GRR

Not sure what is causing your problems Darky. You may have to call Yuneec support to get this resolved. I’ve never seen anything about the joysticks being reset.

Let us know if you learn anything from Yuneec. It’s how we all learn on the forum.

Another thought, have you fully charged the controller? It takes quite awhile if the internal battery is really low. The power brick for your iPad is a good charging source. When fully charged the blue power button between the joysticks will stop flashing and be on solid.

If charging doesn’t solve the problem, could you do a screenshot and post it here when you get the error message.

Last edited:
Darky,

I just reloaded the BreezeCam app on my phone trying to resolve a problem I was having. When I went to fly the first time with the controller, I got the message about the sticks being calibrated on power up.

You have to swipe thru several messages then tap the x in the upper right. Then swipe thru a few more after hitting experience now. After that you should be fine.

Try this and see if it helps:
1. Open settings on iPhone, go to Bluetooth, then delete the Gamesir-G3.
2. On the controller turn it on holding Y and Power simultaneously.
3. Return to Bluetooth settings on iPhone and pair to the Gamesir-G3.
4. Power the Breeze on, and make the WiFi connection.
5. Start the BreezeCam app, enter Tasks, enter Controller mode, slide to proceed and the controller should then connect.
6. Press Experience Now.
7. Use the d-pad on upper left, press in down/up direction and see if camera moves.
(If it doesn’t move see this thread Breeze G3 Controller Update )
8. You should be ready to fly.
9. If you are only using iOS devices to fly the Breeze, you only have to turn on the controller with the power button from now on.

Hope this helps!

Very helpful, it worked perfect. Thank you!

Bought Breeze from Fry's, didn't do proper research and found out still didn't work with Pixel phone(although in forum a year ago said they were working on it.) Luckily have a Droid Razr Max HD Android 4.42 and can fly Breeze with it, so ordered and just received Controller. Everything seems to connect(control shakes etc) but when I chose controller and slide to enter controller mode the screen goes black and after a few minutes get message "Breeze Cam isn't responding". Although Pixel won't make Internet connection with Drone to fly, I can get to all the proper screens connecting via Bluetooth with the controller, screen doesn't go black and gives me choice to select goggles or controller. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi everyone-I just bought the breeze today and it took me all day to figure out how to connect the controller before I found this thread. I found other threads but it wasn’t as good as this one.

Anyways, I did everything possible to connect the controller to Bluetooth and then when I connected it via Wi-Fi it worked. I then got so excited I had to try out the controller and it was night time so I did in my house and then of course I crashed the breeze into a wall. Just wanted to share with the next person who has this issue to try on Wi-Fi.

Thanks!

Steve

When you fly indoors be sure to turn off GPS and fly in Pilot or Controller mode. If you leave GPS on the Breeze will drift excessively.
DO NOT fly over furniture as the Breeze uses the IR sensor and flow sensor to maintain the set altitude. If your altitude above the floor is 5 feet and you fly over a 3.5 foot high table in a room with 8 foot ceilings you will have troubles.

New Breeze owner. Works great on my phone. The controller did for a little while, now I cannot get it to show up on my Bluetooth to connect. Droid Turbo 2 is the phone. I've tried the update and still nothing.

When you go to Controller mode in Breeze Cam, have you tried pressing the Controller connect button on the lower right.

Just thought of another possibility. Since you are using Android, power on the controller by pressing Power+A to place it in Android mode.

When you go to Controller mode in Breeze Cam, have you tried pressing the Controller connect button on the lower right.

Just thought of another possibility. Since you are using Android, power on the controller by pressing Power+A to place it in Android mode.
Yes, I've done those things repeatedly.

First off it won't even show up in the bluetooth tray, so I tried however I could to connect it, so tapping the controller icon makes the controller buzz, but won't actually connect to the controller. It's strange as it did work for a couple of flights at first and now nada.

I’m at a total loss when it comes to system issues with android based equipment. Try posting in the Breeze Help area saying you need help with Bluetooth on Android. I’m sure some of the Android users could lend a hand.

Be sure to make tags when you post the new thread. It helps in the search engine on the forum.

I’m at a total loss when it comes to system issues with android based equipment. Try posting in the Breeze Help area saying you need help with Bluetooth on Android. I’m sure some of the Android users could lend a hand.

Be sure to make tags when you post the new thread. It helps in the search engine on the forum.

I reset my phone and it connected. I also came across another post somewhere that said clearing the app's cache will resolve issues. I'll try that if it happens again.

Thanks. I’ll file that one in the memory bank.

Glad it’s working now:).

So, I think I figured this one out. Although counterintuitive:

On iOS device:

1. DON’T connect the controller to Bluetooth.

2. Wipe the connection if you did connect it. (Info button > “Forget this connection”)

3. Power off the controller

4. Power on the controller

5. Re-Open the Breeze App (might kill and re-open).

6. Tap tasks

7. Tap controller

8. The controller should auto connect. (No manual Bluetooth sync required!)

Hope this helps!!

I realize this thread is over a year old, but I just got a Breeze and I’m not crazy about controls with the phone. So my question given the variety of comments here: If/when you got the controller working, do you like it better than phone/tablet controls? Worth the $40? And, what about the FPV? Worth another $30?

Flying is definitely better with the controller, but it only works for the Controller task mode. All other flight modes use the phone for control. You may want to look on eBay or such for a better price.

Darky,
You have to swipe thru several messages then tap the x in the upper right. Then swipe thru a few more after hitting experience now. After that you should be fine.

Bought controler today and everything was OK until it shoud start comunnicate with the drone. Almost smashed it against the wall, but then I've read your post and started smashing my head instead. How stupid and uninformative screen from Yuneec! You should "invent" that those small blue and white dots represent mandatory help screens which you have to swipe first time. And then you get the controls!!!

THANKS A TON, DoomMeister!

Reactions: DoomMeister
Perfect. On Android tablet I now connect and controller vibrates! Thanks a million. I was getting nowhere fast yesterday :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital