Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze now $149 at Walmart

Call me Breezy crazynut.
My first Breeze/2batteries cost me $400 after $100 price drop at Frys. And then two Breezes/2batteries for $280 on eBay and then two $180 for Breezes/controllers on eBay and then a couple more $149 Breezes/controllers at Walmart. But wait, I also bought a couple of FPV kits for $60 each. LOL. My folks loved my Breezy gifts to them. It's been fun, especially having music or GoPro 6 on the Breeze. breezemusic.3.jpg Breezegopro6.3.jpg

Reactions: DoomMeister
Me thinks nikono is a bit Breezy., but we love'm that way! You seem to come up with really fun ways to push the envelope with your Breeze. Gotta Luv It :D:rolleyes:

Reactions: Murray Martz
Do you think that Yuneec will update there firmware for the breeze for connectivity?

It has been a long stretch without any firmware updates. With the price point of the Breeze I think it is unlikely that they will devote any resources to improvements. I would love for them to prove me wrong!

It is a great price but don’t bother purchasing the protection plan I bought my Breeze on 3/9 and crashed it today I called the protection plan and they stated as of 3/16 they no longer cover drones. So it looks like I am up the creek without a paddle. I am going to call Yuneec and see if it can be repaired.

I got my breeze with 2 batteries for 115 bucks (refurbished) which I felt was even better than Walmart's 149 dollar deal.

Come on guys, ‘I got my Breeze for this’, ‘well, I got my Breeze for that’ - what’s the objective? To show others ‘I got a better deal’? - I’m sure I could buy a Breeze for $80 with 3 batteries, used with 2 flights on it. We need to compare the same item (new, new with controller, new with no controller but with 2 batteries, used, reconditioned, and so on).

We should be providing info for all potential buyers that is a repeatable purchase. This is what will help us all. The new Walmart price with controller for $150 is great and batteries for $21 is even better.

Bottom line, be happy you have a Breeze and have fun with it.

Call me Breezy crazynut.
My first Breeze/2batteries cost me $400 after $100 price drop at Frys. And then two Breezes/2batteries for $280 on eBay and then two $180 for Breezes/controllers on eBay and then a couple more $149 Breezes/controllers at Walmart. But wait, I also bought a couple of FPV kits for $60 each. LOL. My folks loved my Breezy gifts to them. It's been fun, especially having music or GoPro 6 on the Breeze. View attachment 9005 View attachment 9003

That's awesome! I must ask if you have any links for the photos/videos you've obtained with the go pro? I have a Yi action cam and I was just yesterday wondering if I'd be able to strap it up to the breeze. Could you also tell me what you're using to attach it? My initial plan was to use the chest strap but realized it would cover up the sensors...

Very excited to join the drone community. I actually purchased this exact $150 Walmart deal with the spare battery for an additional $21. I was STUNNED when I saw how low the price got for this drone. I had considered buying it last year but couldn't justify the cost at the time, at least for my needs. Glad this price cut edged me on, it's been worth every penny!

Attachments

• Breeze_180421054147_011.jpg
    Breeze_180421054147_011.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
I found that the GoPro 6 (117g) was quite heavy for the Breeze. It flew OK but on RTH, it shook because of the 117g load on its back, it came down faster than without the load. I think Yuneec programmed the RTH landing with a fixed props' RPM, not by speed so with came down faster than normal. Mounting on the top caused the center of gravity to change, in windy condition, it's not very stable.

The Yi cam may not give any better video than the Breeze's cam. GoPro 6 was better. However, the props can be seen in GoPro 6's video depending on how it's angled.

You can mount the Yi cam the same way I mounted the GoPro 6. But fly manually in calm wind only, no RTH activation, at your own risk.

The GoPro 6 was mounted with 3M picture frame tape ($6 for 12 large tapes at Walmart) to stick the mounting base to the top of the Breeze then extra security is added by the multi purpose ties ($1 for 30 count at 99-cent store).

Attachments

• Breezegopro6.1.jpg
    Breezegopro6.1.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 10
  • breezegop6.1.jpg
    breezegop6.1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 9
  • breezegop6.2.jpg
    breezegop6.2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 9
  • breezegop6.3.jpg
    breezegop6.3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 10
  • breezegop6.4.jpg
    breezegop6.4.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 7
  • breezegop6.5.jpg
    breezegop6.5.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I found that the GoPro 6 (117g) was quite heavy for the Breeze. It flew OK but on RTH, it shook because of the 117g load on its back, it came down faster than without the load. I think Yuneec programmed the RTH landing with a fixed props' RPM, not by speed so with came down faster than normal. Mounting on the top caused the center of gravity to change, in windy condition, it's not very stable.

The Yi cam may not give any better video than the Breeze's cam. GoPro 6 was better. However, the props can be seen in GoPro 6's video depending on how it's angled.

You can mount the Yi cam the same way I mounted the GoPro 6. But fly manually in calm wind only, no RTH activation, at your own risk.

The GoPro 6 was mounted with 3M picture frame tape ($6 for 12 large tapes at Walmart) to stick the mounting base to the top of the Breeze then extra security is added by the multi purpose ties ($1 for 30 count at 99-cent store).
I like your extended landing gear. Not able to mount the camera from below? How much did the Center of Gravity change in flight with the camera?

BTW, the Breeze with 4 batteries, controller, bag, anemometer, landing pad, 2 sets of extra props, micro tool kit all for $325. Well under the cost of my first drone, Typhoon Q500 alone. upload_2018-4-22_16-27-8.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11