Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Review

Reaction score
Spoiler; I'm quite a big fan of the Breeze, and I like the way that Yuneec have tried to diversify, rather than embed in a constant annual upgrade cycle. I've had a few questions when out and about and teaching where people have asked about how the Breeze flies, and how close it is to a "proper" quad, so I put together a review.

The text review will be up on my site today, but here's a link to the video one. Lots of footage of the app itself so you can hopefully see how it works!

Reactions: Cbo
Wow, I am impressed. Very nice unbiased review. I am curious as to actual battery life. I could see the battery meter dropping pretty quickly. If they ever lowered the price on the Breeze I would have to give it serious thought.
Thanks for posting.

I'm very impressed with you as a new member. Your background and experience gives you a perspective shared by few.
Welcome, and feel free to participate. You may wish to participate as a commercial entity. Your choice.
You can check into that here.
Advertise with Us | DronePilots.zone
Note that you can use Conversation to comm with members or staff.
Cheers.

Wow, I am impressed. Very nice unbiased review. I am curious as to actual battery life. I could see the battery meter dropping pretty quickly. If they ever lowered the price on the Breeze I would have to give it serious thought.
Thanks for posting.

Hi Bob, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. The video was filmed over a couple of days (the sunset times in Scotland making anything else a bit tricky!); so that battery had been used down to around 30% on one day and left in a cool room overnight. I was charging another and thought I'd have enough juice to quickly get the pilot mode indoors shots done with that first one, but I don't think that's representative.

I'll check my flight logs, but I think the outdoor shots were mostly a single battery. You're not going to get more than 15 minutes out of it, but it's entirely possible to get close to that outside. Biggest advantage is that batteries are just £37 here in the UK, compared to the usual £100+!

Given the market the Breeze is aimed at, 15 minutes is not bad. I only get 15-18 minutes on my Typhoon H. I could use my old 7" tablet to control it with. Here in the USA I am so worried that many will get them for Christmas and not realize they have to register them with the FAA and such. Almost would love to see them have to put a big sticker on the outside of the box with such a warning. I like the size, and the camera looks very capable. I could see having that with me almost all the time, just to catch that "KODAK" moment that pops up when you least expect it.

HI Thanks for a very informative review, I did write a note to you asking what could be a stupid question, and would be embarrased to write it here. Three yearsa ago I had a tot al failure with another make of quad that I will NOT mention that led to some unpleasentness and I abandoned quads until this time. I am an OAP of advance years and not too techie minded so the Breezr seems to me to be the best way to get back into quad flying. In the 70s I flew many REAL planes and so the flying virus has been lurking until now when it popped its head up over the paraptet an told me to FLY AGAIN,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval