Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze WIFI/Internet Login

Hate to say it, but Brandon fed you a line of BS. The Breeze is not supposed to overheat after one battery unless you are flying in very hot conditions (upper 80’s and above). Mine is being sent in for repair for this reason. I’ve spoken to Brandon myself on one occasion and found him to be arrogant and condescending. Being from an electromechanical maintenance background, I’m quite familiar with troubleshooting and repairing circuitry of all types. The Breeze was not designed to take one flight and then sit on the ground cooling off for 30 minutes. I can pretty much assure you that the thermal bonding to the heatsink is insufficient in your Breeze as well as mine. If mine wasn’t under warranty I’d be disassembling it and making the necessary changes myself.

I got connected with Brandon on the support chat line and this is what he wrote about the overheated issue.
"Overheating can happen but the only resolution is to let it cool down. It shouldn't happen too often but it can depend on the usage and the weather conditions. " and this issue is happened to all breeze. I need to wait about 30 minutes or so between battery replacement. it's a bummer.

Since you are well within your return period with Walmart, I think I would do an exchange with them if possible. The overheating is a known issue and it should not occur after just one battery. You should be able to fly for two or three full batteries before having to let the Breeze cool down.

I do agree with you DoomMeister. I will do the exchange with walmart and hope to have better luck. thanks for your advised/help.

Hello DoomMeister!

I need your help... Today I would like to fly with my drone and the app cant connect to my Breeze... wifi connection is ok, I see the wifi signal in the app too but thats all, no any data (gps. etc) in the app. I downgrade the firmware many times, made hard reset but nothing... when I made hard reset, my Breeze name didn't changed the default... maybe I couldn't make a good hard reset? pls help!

Hello DoomMeister!

I need your help... Today I would like to fly with my drone and the app cant connect to my Breeze... wifi connection is ok, I see the wifi signal in the app too but thats all, no any data (gps. etc) in the app. I downgrade the firmware many times, made hard reset but nothing... when I made hard reset, my Breeze name didn't changed the default... maybe I couldn't make a good hard reset? pls help!
Solved the problem :)

Solved the problem :)

Glad you got it! I’ve been catching up on yard work. It’s amazing how much can accumulate in the winter when you migrate to a warmer climate. A few hours more tomorrow should do it.

Is your companion a poodle or poodle mix?

Glad you got it! I’ve been catching up on yard work. It’s amazing how much can accumulate in the winter when you migrate to a warmer climate. A few hours more tomorrow should do it.

Is your companion a poodle or poodle mix?
She is maltese :)

My problem with Breeze was that I had to made the phone to airplane mode when connected to the app...

Thx

She is maltese :)

My problem with Breeze was that I had to made the phone to airplane mode when connected to the app...

Thx

My wife thought she might be a Maltese.

Did Breeze Cam keep updating to the newer firmware when not in airplane mode? That is a drawback of switching to an earlier firmware, you have to keep Breeze Cam from having internet access while connected to the Breeze. The downside of that is not being able to live stream to social media, and having to manually turn on WiFi, Bluetooth, and location services (GPS).

It just occurred to me that the same thing might be accomplished by denying Breeze Cam access to cellular data. That would remove internet access while connected to the Breeze without having to go the whole routine of going into airplane mode, and turning on WiFi, Bluetooth, and location services everytime you fly.

Hate to say it, but Brandon fed you a line of BS. The Breeze is not supposed to overheat after one battery unless you are flying in very hot conditions (upper 80’s and above). Mine is being sent in for repair for this reason. I’ve spoken to Brandon myself on one occasion and found him to be arrogant and condescending. Being from an electromechanical maintenance background, I’m quite familiar with troubleshooting and repairing circuitry of all types. The Breeze was not designed to take one flight and then sit on the ground cooling off for 30 minutes. I can pretty much assure you that the thermal bonding to the heatsink is insufficient in your Breeze as well as mine. If mine wasn’t under warranty I’d be disassembling it and making the necessary changes myself.

Hi @DoomMeister . I've also found this wifi "overheating" issue which makes the Breeze to never enter "Pair mode" if it has been recently used, until a few minutes have passed and the body has cool down a bit.

Did you already receive any word back from Yuneec Support? Did they fix your Breeze or find anything about it?

I'm interested in the issue because Yuneec CS for Europe is in Germany, quite away from my residence, so if this issue can be dealt "in-house" I might try some solutions myself.

Regards

J

Hi @DoomMeister . I've also found this wifi "overheating" issue which makes the Breeze to never enter "Pair mode" if it has been recently used, until a few minutes have passed and the body has cool down a bit.

Did you already receive any word back from Yuneec Support? Did they fix your Breeze or find anything about it?

I'm interested in the issue because Yuneec CS for Europe is in Germany, quite away from my residence, so if this issue can be dealt "in-house" I might try some solutions myself.

Regards

J

The Breeze just got to the KAV repair facility (not Yuneec, but authorized for warranty repairs) yesterday. I called and left word for the tech to contact me when they start work on it, as it is in for more than one issue and I want everything taken care of.

I will post what they come up with and their fix for the issues.

br Steve

Reactions: Locksley
DoomMeister, just thought I’d drop by and let you know what’s up with my Breeze. Number 1, I never received and answer from Yuneec, I’d tried everything I could think of, to no avail. So I brought another Breeze, and will use this one as a parts drone. This is the last $$$$$ that I’ll spent on Yuneec Products, it’s not the issue that I caused myself that concerns me as I know that was operator timing and head space, it was the fact, that Yuneec never responded other then to say they received my complaint and would get back with me, that was approx a month ago. I also purchased a Ryser Tello for $99 and let me tell you it’s a blast, can use it inside and out and it actually is more stable then the breeze (it doesn’t just take off left or right and you can’t control) also you don’t get the height or distance but it’s a hoot, and it really can’t be used in any wind. Wink

Wink113,

Good to hear from you! Sorry about your experience with Yuneec Support. I’ve had the same type of results with them at times. I would think someone higher in the organization of Yuneec would get a clue that they are damaging their reputation by ignoring support inquiries. I’ve got a smaller Drone, a Hubsan H107C+, that is fun to fly indoors, but is hard to fly in any kind of wind. The Tello sounds fun, but my next craft will be something larger with a good camera gimbal system.

DoomMeister,
I hope alls well with you, just wanted to give you further input on my Breeze, never did get it up. However I did get an email from customer service @Yuneec. The email stated that my issue had been resolved so the work order was closed. I did respond and asked since it was resolved maybe they could share with me what the results were. I also stated that i thought Yuneec put out a good project, however it was just a shame that the customer service was the weak link and was doing harm to their product brand. Of course I’ve not heard a thing back. It’s pretty sad that one can’t receive any assistance from them and ultimately will cost the company $$$. So as stated before, it’s now a parts drone, and of course it’s the last Yuneec product I will ever purchase and won’t recommend them to anyone. LW

I’m not sure how the wires got crossed with the Breeze I sent to Ken-A-Vision Services for Yuneec in warranty repair. It ended up in their distribution center without ever going to a tech for evaluation and repair. I started contacting KAV Services after two weeks without a word as I had requested talking to the tech before any work started.

As a result of the delay, I contacted Yuneec CS, and ended up with a new complete Walmart Breeze ( Breeze, Controller, and one battery) sent to me. I got it a week ago and was able to give it a test flight in all Task modes. Went through all three batteries with no overheating troubles and it was 85 degrees F and humid. Unfortunately there were 0 flight log files created on six different flights.

Hey Wink123,

Did you ever get to the point where you could see the Breeze memory when connected to the Computer via the USB cable that came with the Breeze? If so, I have one more thing to try before giving up on the original Breeze. There is an uncompressed firmware we can load that may get it back.

DoomMeister,sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. A lot of stuff going on. No I’ve never been able to see anything, it will not even recognize the USB connection. I’ve since picked one up off of EBay, at first that one flew great as well. However I now am experiencing IRS errors and it won’t fly either. I would complain to CS but that’s a lost cause. One thing for sure though is I’ll never spend another dollar on any Yuneec product. Again sorry it took so long to reply. Have a great 4th of July. Wink

DoomMeister,sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. A lot of stuff going on. No I’ve never been able to see anything, it will not even recognize the USB connection. I’ve since picked one up off of EBay, at first that one flew great as well. However I now am experiencing IRS errors and it won’t fly either. I would complain to CS but that’s a lost cause. One thing for sure though is I’ll never spend another dollar on any Yuneec product. Again sorry it took so long to reply. Have a great 4th of July. Wink

PM me about the IRS troubles explains what is happening with it. Happy 4th to you also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval