Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

**Building a Typhoon H from parts**

Reaction score
Hi Cabinfourus,
I had a Typhoon H that went in the river because of a hot dog landing on a pier and the power distribution board got fried. Found a replacement body minus camera and controller on e-bay for $300, binded it to controller with my existing Real Sense and camera and kept going with my projects. The old drone, I took apart and saved the various modules, etc for parts. Well, a month ago, I got the building bug and went on ebay and purchased a new board and proceeded to rebuild the whole thing. It's actually not that difficult/almost everything is modular, and there is a great video by user Jules_Flies on YouTube where he disassembles and replaces power board:
Painted body for the heck of it, and now fly it as my little drone hot rod (as much as a Chevy Suburban can be a hot rod -Lol) without camera weighing it down. Easy, easy build and I've been seeing a lot of parts on eBay lately as there are sellers buying refurbished models and breaking them down and selling them as parts. You should have no problems doing the build. I wish you luck!
That is awsome!!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Can't I just replace a switch or do I have to replace whole 3 switch module
If you can source the switch and know how to solder, then the answer is yes.

Reaction score
the h plus led light have 3 wires, where the h has only 2, I'm hoping theirs a way to make this happen. I about cried when my first h flew away, it was great while it lasted.

Reaction score
everything seemed fine, till I came in to land. My h stopped responding, climbed straight up headed west. I tried to chase in my truck but it was gone. .spent 2 days learning to read flight logs and telemetry data. Went to last reported location, nowhere to be found.
My question is how accurate are those gps headings.

h-elsner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
My question is how accurate are those gps headings.
+/- 50cm to 2m depending on GPS accuracy at this time. The GPS data you have are transmitted from drone to RC and may stop when transmission was cut. You may have direction, altitude and speed from the last data and can guess where it may gone after lost of connection. Did you make a KML file for GoogleEarth and "played" this file using the animation menu?
KML_animation.png
Or you let us see the flight log to see what happened. Sounds like a fly-away due to compass but who knows...

br HE

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamG75930