Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

**Building a Typhoon H from parts**

Hi Cabinfourus,
I had a Typhoon H that went in the river because of a hot dog landing on a pier and the power distribution board got fried. Found a replacement body minus camera and controller on e-bay for $300, binded it to controller with my existing Real Sense and camera and kept going with my projects. The old drone, I took apart and saved the various modules, etc for parts. Well, a month ago, I got the building bug and went on ebay and purchased a new board and proceeded to rebuild the whole thing. It's actually not that difficult/almost everything is modular, and there is a great video by user Jules_Flies on YouTube where he disassembles and replaces power board:
Painted body for the heck of it, and now fly it as my little drone hot rod (as much as a Chevy Suburban can be a hot rod -Lol) without camera weighing it down. Easy, easy build and I've been seeing a lot of parts on eBay lately as there are sellers buying refurbished models and breaking them down and selling them as parts. You should have no problems doing the build. I wish you luck!
That is awsome!!

Reactions: Slugo442
Can't I just replace a switch or do I have to replace whole 3 switch module
If you can source the switch and know how to solder, then the answer is yes.

the h plus led light have 3 wires, where the h has only 2, I'm hoping theirs a way to make this happen. I about cried when my first h flew away, it was great while it lasted.

everything seemed fine, till I came in to land. My h stopped responding, climbed straight up headed west. I tried to chase in my truck but it was gone. .spent 2 days learning to read flight logs and telemetry data. Went to last reported location, nowhere to be found.
My question is how accurate are those gps headings.

My question is how accurate are those gps headings.
+/- 50cm to 2m depending on GPS accuracy at this time. The GPS data you have are transmitted from drone to RC and may stop when transmission was cut. You may have direction, altitude and speed from the last data and can guess where it may gone after lost of connection. Did you make a KML file for GoogleEarth and "played" this file using the animation menu?
KML_animation.png
Or you let us see the flight log to see what happened. Sounds like a fly-away due to compass but who knows...

br HE

Hey guys,
I am a 51-year-old kid with way too many hobbies. I own three Yuneec drones and enjoy building and repairing them as much as I do flying them. Currently, I have purchased a lot of used parts on eBay for the H model cheap. The parts were so cheap that I have decided to build the entire thing from scratch. After purchasing most of the parts I needed, I am learning how hard it is to find new replacement parts for Yuneec drones and a complete parts list. One of my Q500 birds decided to fly itself into some power lines one day and did some significant damage. I tried finding the airframe for her but ended up having to buy a used one on eBay due to backorders. Just a bit of advice for anyone who may need some hard parts for their drone, get used to hearing this word - backorder. Anyway, back to the H model. I am having a hard time finding anyone who has an inner airframe for the Typhoon H. I continue getting the same excuse 'these parts are on backorder'. I actually found one on Vertigo's website saying it was in stock. I placed the order and two weeks later they tell me it is on backorder. Also, I can't seem to find a full repair manual or even a complete parts list. I came here in hopes of finding someone who may have access to this information I need. I love Yuneec's drones but I am currently thinking of moving back to DJI drones, simply due to the fact that Yuneec's support is so bad when it comes to their parts or DIY repair. Thanks in advance for any help.
How much would you charge for a gimby for my typhoon h drone I'll give you my gimbal that's broke

How much would you charge for a gimby for my typhoon h drone I'll give you my gimbal that's broke
Sorry, I had to take a holiday from here over a comment I made about my sister's husband. Which gimbal are you looking for? If I don't have one, YuneecSkins may.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval