Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 Camera SD card "spring" broken - difficult to get SD card to register - PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the issue where the SD card spring is broken or missing on the C23 camera? I repaired a wrecked Typhoon H plus and have it flying great now but my problem is that is very difficult to get the SD card to register in the C23 camera. I push it in and says no SD card. I have to really carefully set it in the perfect position for it to work.

There seems to be no spring to return the card so when inserting the SD card I have to very carefully push it in but not too far so that the pins make contact. I can get it to work but It takes me many many tries to get it right. It seems like I can push it 'past' its mounting point - where the spring should force it back out but there is nothing there. So I end up needing tweezers to remove the SD card and reset.

Is there any how to docs on how to disassemble the C23 camera? Is there any way to replace the SD card module?

Any guidance would help immensely.

Thanks in advance!

I highly recommend sending this camera for repair. It is difficult to remove the C23 camera casing without damaging the main ribbon. The ribbons are very rarely available anywhere, and the camera is useless without the ribbon. Not to mention the case itself is difficult to remove without damaging the case. This camera was NOT designed for user self-repair. You might want to contact John Mitchell at Yuneec C23/E90 Camera Repair Estimate Service.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
I’d love to hear a follow up, may be including the cost of repair. I have a very similar problem where I have to insert the microSD card very carefully I have to retrieve it with a set of needle nose pliers, also very carefully.

@QuietMedia
I ended up calling John Mitchel at Yuneec Skins and he seemed very familiar with this issue and knew exactly what I was talking about. I paid the $35 camera repair estimate service and he provided me with a shipping label within the hour. My camera should be delivered by the end of this week. (if you have a similar issue I would recommend giving him a call, he was very helpful over the phone)

Once I get word back regarding the fix I will update this thread. Thanks for following!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430