Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 Gimbal Camera Transparent UV ND Filter

Reaction score
An unexpected situation arouse, that I'm still wondering how it happened... Cracked Filter Lens, is this common?
Reason being, since the search to replace the item, item prices fluctuate anywhere from $25- $30, the shipping is ridiculously high, considering I'm stationed in the Caribbean, but it still in the U.S. though...
Shipping outweighs' the price of the merchandise and for just 1 fragile item? I rather consider in asking for help, to someone who has more experience in the matter before moving forward.

Questions:​
  • Is this a common hazard on the Filter Lens? Drone has never been impacted, its only been in and out of its case.​
  • Any recommendations of web-sites ?​
  • Do you know a web site that offers more than one filter for its face value?​
  • Can other filters be used beside a transparent lens? That would improve the image quality.​
  • I've read of camera function, weight calibration issues with different brands, what brand is best for a replacement?​
Any help or additional information you would like to add besides the questions stated, feel free to comment, and it will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

EA

An unexpected situation arouse, that I'm still wondering how it happened... Cracked Filter Lens, is this common?
prices fluctuate anywhere from $25- $30, the shipping is ridiculously high,
Is this a common hazard on the Filter Lens? Drone has never been impacted, its only been in and out of its case.​
Any help or additional information you would like to add besides the questions stated, feel free to comment,
It is not common at all if there has been no impact. I have seen one broken when a lens filter was screwed onto a camera with a damaged lens collar. The collar looked pretty much normal, but it had been pushed back into the camera case enough that the actual lens contacted the filter when the filter was screwed on. You may be able to use these pictures to check the position of your lens collar:
Collar check.jpg
I don't know of any source of lens filters for less than you stated above.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hey! Thanks for the prompt response...
I inspected the camera, in reference to your images sent, the Silver Ring is forward, Edge is flushed, Collar does not touch the edge, and Lens Collar is not loose. In all, it looks good, naturally except for the Filter Lens Crack. (Reference attached below)

The Follow-up:
After extensive searching on the internet, purchasing anything outside the U.S., your expected delivery date will be from 6- 8 weeks. I finally decided to purchase on a web site named YuneecSkins.com , home based in California, and there's 3 options for delivery service.
Moderate Price, Shipping, and the purchase order made in such short notice, to remedy the situation before the end of the coming week, it couldn't be beat.

Thanks once again for your time,

EA

Attachments

• Image_1.jpg
    Image_1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Image_2.jpg
    Image_2.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Image_3.jpg
    Image_3.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 12