Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 Zoom Function (H Plus)

It’s not available in video because it’s not a zoom. It’s a crop. The lens elements in the C-23 are immovable’ so it’s not possible to alter the lens’s focal length.

Yuneec calling this feature a “zoom” went well into the realm of misrepresentation but as many don’t understand how cameras and lenses work they’ve gotten away with it.
Hope video zoom will be offered not soon later since Yuneec is listening.

Last edited:
Video zoom will be offered not soon later since Yuneec is listening.

Really? Then see they provide for map importation and waypoint flight plan generation. Set it up like the 920 where the user can establish auto camera aiming for each waypoint. Allow for vertical flight plan generation as well. That alone would help Yuneec become considerably more competitive. I’d even consider buying one.

As the H Plus and 520 are identical except in color and firmware the only reason not to is corporate obstinance.

Interesting indeed!

While I admit I am using my iPhone to view the video, at this time, it does give me a sense that the digital zoom is comparable to post capture zoom, at least from what I can tell.

Definitely not warranting the out of hand dismissal some have given the idea of digital zoom for the C23.

Thanks for putting together that little comparison, @oliver !

Jeff

Reactions: oliver
If you watch this video in 4K on big screen, you can notice that the quality of the zoom of the C23 is slightly superior to the zoom in post production. It is exploitable up to 2X.
Above, better to abstain, except for no-cinema applications

Reactions: Steve Carr
The C23 zoom was significantly better than the post-production zoom. Any ideas why that would be? Both use a subset of the same 4k image.
Computer processing directly at the sensor output can bring a plus, all transformed into H264 or 265 on the SD card.
Other than that, I do not see. :cool:

Reactions: Rubik

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval