Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Caching maps

Reaction score
I understand DJI drones allow cached maps so that if you are out of wifi service, you can still see your drone on a map as it flies.

Is there anything comparable in the TH series? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks.

A followup...I started the pad on the st16 and opened Google maps. According to the Google menu, it asks if you want to update to the latest version. If you say yes, it attempts to start Google Play Store, which is disabled by Yuneec.

I figured with the latest version of Google Maps, I could save data locally. Their website says you can, but I am assuming that this older version that is included with the st16 doesn't have that capability.

I REALLY need this capability, because I am going into the woods and won't have wifi connections. Therefore, I need to store a local map so that I can do curved cable cam.

What am I not understanding?

What am I not understanding?

That CCC does not require or employ maps. The aircraft is hand flown to a location, which is recorded within the system as a coordinate, with that process repeated for each successive “way point”.

CCC does not reference maps, you send it where you want it, it records that location info, and then flies it again.

Guess I should have been more to the point. I was using UAV toolbox, which DOES have a map for preflight planning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight