Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec owners out there?

Reaction score
I am just curious as to how many actual Yuneec drone owners still fly their birds daily.
I still see new Yuneec drones being sold. Mostly the older models.

Which setup is everyone's favorite?
Camera?
Gimbal?
Drone?

I have been moving over to DJI and have noticed the differences are subtle. DJI does have a much longer ranger with their video feed but as far as handling of the drones, it's about the same to me. I will say my Inspire 2 flies much better than any of the drones I own but I don't use it often as I should.

Anyway, just curious........

Reactions: phoonflyer
I fly a couple times a month with my Typhoon H/CGO3+. More to cycle batteries than anything else. I still get a thrill as it takes flight.

I have flown others Typhoon H Pluses and find them a bit better. The C23 has a much better image quality especially in low light conditions.

I really wish Yuneec would get onboard with a newer prosumer system that would incorporate user suggestions from the past and then provide real support that worked with their customers to create a far superior product to that of other manufacturers.

I am just curious as to how many actual Yuneec drone owners still fly their birds daily.

Camera?
Gimbal?
Drone?

I have been moving over to DJI and have noticed the differences are subtle. DJI does have a much longer ranger with their video feed but as far as handling of the drones, it's about the same to me. I will say my Inspire 2 flies much better than any of the drones I own but I don't use it often as I should.

I fly typhoon H plus every week i think it's the best, i have 2 typhoon H plus I'm staying with the H plus. https://www.youtube.com/@steve-and-drones/videos

Typhoon H520, (started with a Typhoon H around 2016)

I'm a working Land surveyor and only use/fly mine as needed. The H520 is much more work friendly, but so far I seem to have had better results with the images from the CG03 vs the E90

Like I said, I don't fly often, possibly a couple dozen jobs since 2016.

Love the platform, hate Apple, DJI and other such platforms. I would really appreciate if Yuneec would step up to the plate.

Io uso tanto il mio H520 per rilievi su cantieri e devo dire che avere 6 motori mi dà molta più tranquillità rispetto a un 4 motori. Da domani qui in Europa bisogna montare un “id remoto” per poter volare in regola in scenari standard urbani. Il transponder pesa 26 grammi e fortunatamente il 520 ha la forza per portarlo. La camera E90 con il sensore da 1” non ha nulla da invidiare a molti droni odierni.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Camera?
Gimbal?
Drone?

Hi,
I have the H Pro along with 4 other DJI drones and around 15 freestyle drones. I have moved more to freestyle now and very seldom use any of the others. I don’t think that I have flown the H for over 12 months now but I do enjoy it when I’m using it.

Reactions: Murray Martz
I fly a couple times a month with my Typhoon H/CGO3+. More to cycle batteries than anything else. I still get a thrill as it takes flight.

I have flown others Typhoon H Pluses and find them a bit better. The C23 has a much better image quality especially in low light conditions.

I really wish Yuneec would get onboard with a newer prosumer system that would incorporate user suggestions from the past and then provide real support that worked with their customers to create a far superior product to that of other manufacturers.
I love the airframe. It deserves a better company than Yuneec

I pilot 3 drones 1 mavic pro, 1 anafi parrot, 1 H520 which each have their own quality. Despite its finicky landing gear, the H520 remains my favorite.

Reactions: steveoui
I started out with a Typhoon H which I have always enjoyed flying, but I still use one with a CGO3+ for sequential videos of construction sites due to the utility of repeated CCC programmed flights. I use a Typhoon H Plus especially for better videos and better resolution still ground shots with a C23 camera. I do serial construction site survey flights with a Typhoon H520. While some of its features are more limited it is my favorite one to fly.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Camera?
Gimbal?
Drone?

well i have 2 typhoons H plus i fly every week,i think it's a dame good drone it has everything that DJI drones have way before DJI came out with it. I will never do DJI money pit drones, if you get a DJI drone new, one month you need upgrade or a newer drone, over and over again. https://www.youtube.com/@steve-and-drones/videos

I'm sorry to say my H520e just sits on my fleet shelf. Most of my work is done with the Mavic line of drones because that's what the DSP's are requesting and every now and then I get to use my Evo 2 Pro for real-estate shoots.

I'd flew my TH in past years every month, 'till last December, but now with new rules of EASA (European FAA), from this January, if MTOM is not declared by producer and is not reported on the manual (this is the Yuneec situation) drones without this data cannot fly.
We're waiting (Italy) for some modification of the rules, at least for old models that are still on the market.
EU rules are, seems, more restrictive than elsewhere.
For now, my H is sleeping into his backpack.

I'd flew my TH in past years every month, 'till last December, but now with new rules of EASA (European FAA), from this January, if MTOM is not declared by producer and is not reported on the manual (this is the Yuneec situation) drones without this data cannot fly.
We're waiting (Italy) for some modification of the rules, at least for old models that are still on the market.
Attached information for France on the government aviation site.
Indeed, it would be urgent for YUNEEC to have its devices approved according to European criteria because the transition period between European laws and national laws will not be eternal.

Attachments

• alpha tango sts.jpg
    alpha tango sts.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Pier2162
i am still going to fly my H plus, if i need an ID module i will get one . https://www.youtube.com/@steve-and-drones/videos

i am still going to fly my H plus, if i need an ID module i will get one . https://www.youtube.com/@steve-and-drones/videos
The remote id is not the only issue in Europe: whom who have flown in "open category" and do not have a drone with MTOM declared on the manual cannot fly anymore until they get a new license and a new drone, because the ones they have are not valid anymore. At the moment, without a review of the EASA rules, who don't have a professional license and/or no MTOM declared cannot fly anymore, out of the remote ID.
DJI has began to declare MTOM for many or their old drones, so these can be used again, but what about Yuneec? I've not see nothing about on his EU site...

Isn't the Takeoff Weight 69.3oz (1965g ) in specification not enough?

It's a complete system, no other payload allowed. That means Takeoff weight is MTOM. More weight is out of spec...

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook