Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

calibrating

Reaction score
I ran into an issue today when I was flying. After booting up in binding my drone to the controller I was having trouble re-calibrate in the accelerator. It was showing I had either 18 or 19 satellites at the time but would not show me my longitude or latitude position. When I calibrated the compass I got the tone back the compass was calibrated and the gimbal calibrated but it could not a calibrate my accelerator. I kept getting a message that my GPS position was lost. Anyone have any theories as to what may be happening?

Need a little more information:
1.) What drone do you have?
2.) Were you outside with a clear view of the sky, no nearby buildings/trees/any metal nearby?
3.) How long has it been since the last flight with GPS acquired?
4.) How long did you wait for GPS acquisition"
5.) What indication did you see that suggested accelerometer calibration was needed?
6.) Were you using the instructions from your manual for accelerometer calibration?
7.) What did you mean when you said "the gimbal calibrated"?

Last edited:
1. Typhoon H
2. outside clear sky
3. last flown last fall
4. waited for about 15 min
5. just wanted to calibrate because it has been a while
6. was following a couple of YouTube videos
7. The gimbal went thru the calibration process where it goes back and forth and up and down to verify level horizon
I forgot to mention that I did have to go thru the bind process to link the Typhoon and the controler

The GPS may need to sit awhile, with power on. There is a small battery involved on the GPS board. I believe it is supposed to be only to retain the GPS memory when the drone is shutdown, but I have noticed some stories that indicate it really needs to regain it's charge before GPS behaves normally. I have NO technical reference to substantiate that claim. But it's easy enough to turn in on for awhile to see if it helps. There is no way to tell without lifting the top shell to measure it's current voltage. If it is REALLY dead, the drone would have to remain powered up for about 72 hours to fully charge the battery. It is not likely that it will need that much.

There are at least two methods for calibrating accelerometer. One method when in flight, the other when on the ground. I prefer the method on the ground. Page 45 of this manual describes both methods. The manual was updated by one of our members, @ogrench. You should carefully read the details in the written version, and compare it with what you saw on YouTube.

Attachments

• TH Manual Updated.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Andrew Grant

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430