Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

calibration EVERY FLIGHT?

About a month, flying about 3 or 4 times a week and only did the calibration when I got it. Same for the Q500's I own which I've had for about a year.

I herd that you can download Google maps to the st16..... any idea if this is true

If you open the Pad and click on the Apps button, it will bring up all the apps that came with the St16. Google Maps is there, but in order to make it work, you need to connect to another WiFi source. I just found this today when I was poking around in the Pad. Open Settings, and then click on WiFi and it will show a list of available sources. I saw my router's WiFi listed, but opted not to mess things up since I have GMaps in my smart phone.

Mojoe35

I have never calibrated my H once. I drive 90 miles each weekend and fly my H at my parents house. I have over 50 flights and gave never had the smallest issue or weird flight characteristics.

Here's one for you guys...... Do you have to calibrate before each flight ?
My rule of thumb is to calibrate the compass if I'm using the drone more than 20 miles, or so, from the last place it was calibrated. That would mean that I use the same calibration if taking off from different places consecutively in the same locality. If I were to go to another town 30 miles away, then, I would calibrate. Others would probably say further away...20 miles is just my preference.

BTW, calibrate if you are seeing bad flight behavior.

My rule of thumb is to calibrate the compass if I'm using the drone more than 20 miles, or so, from the last place it was calibrated. That would mean that I use the same calibration if taking off from different places consecutively in the same locality. If I were to go to another town 30 miles away, then, I would calibrate. Others would probably say further away...20 miles is just my preference.

BTW, calibrate if you are seeing bad flight behavior.

It's more important if you travel east-west than north-south. approx 100miles is where you should calibr.

Last edited:
It's more important if you travel east-west than north-south. aprrox 100miles is where you should calibr.
Yes I know, particularly about East-West. My 20 mile rule is just my preference. Better than calibrating every time which is unnecessary (but many do it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop