Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

California Orchard

As a fellow Mantis Q owner, I can say that jerkiness being mentioned is caused by one or the combination of the following;

-wind, wind gusts
-pilot skills

The challenge is for the pilot to hone the skills in order to overcome both!

Being spoiled by the excellent gimbals in the H line, I’m having fun trying to “pilot” the Mantis Q.

Not knocking anyone and definitely not the Mantis Q. I bought it knowing it does not have an H quality gimbal. I acquired it for its ability to fit in my camera bag, plus something to grab when I just want to horse around a bit. Never expected gallery quality imaging, but was pleasantly surprised nonetheless, with the level of quality it does possess.

Good luck and hope you are having fun with your Q, sir J! Hopefully we will see some equally impressive photos and videos to come.

Jeff

This is only my second drone, and my first “nontoy” drone. I bought it precisely to learn to fly better and the amazing flying time you get on one battery charge. I’m very happy with it. This thing can MOVE when you put in sport mode! And thanks for your SC card tips.

This is only my second drone, and my first “nontoy” drone. I bought it precisely to learn to fly better and the amazing flying time you get on one battery charge. I’m very happy with it. This thing can MOVE when you put in sport mode! And thanks for your micro SD card tips.

This photo was snapped from my first flight with the Mantis Q.
Gorgeous shot! Looks really familiar, I was raised in CA orchard country. What part of CA are you in?

Gorgeous shot! Looks really familiar, I was raised in CA orchard country. What part of CA are you in?

This was taken near Arroyo Grande.......near Pismo Beach in central coastal CA and YES it is that green right now! Just a random shot on my first Mantis Q flight.

This was taken near Arroyo Grande.......near Pismo Beach in central coastal CA

I knew it! My old stomping grounds, the area between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo, know it all quite well. Good to see it again, always looks best wearing green!

I knew it! My old stomping grounds, the area between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo, know it all quite well. Good to see it again, always looks best wearing green!

Glad you like it. This was out of the box camera settings. This part of California has so many picture-worthy sites. ( Almost makes you forget the cost of living “ tax”! Glad you like it DCH.

Yep, the cost of living and the population explosion of SB in the 70s is what drove me out. Long before their wacky politics started ruining the sate.:confused:

Reactions: J Freeman
Nice shot J Freeman! I live over in the Porterville - Springville area. Lots of nice flying in CA! Thinking about a Mantis Q for the same reasons as NorWiscPilot.

Reactions: J Freeman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition