Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera connection status loop - Typhoon H- ST16+

Reaction score
Hi

I have a recurrent problem with my ST16+ controller.
I lost the connection to the CGO3+ 4K-resolution camera.

When I start the controller, each time, is asking me to select the richt camera type; the following message come:
"Camera connection status"
"Camera type is not match"!
"Please select right camera type"!

I brought the hole drone for repair to a local dealer one year ago here in Zürich (Migros), they brought it back to me saying:
"The drone have no problems" but the camera was binded to the controller!

Again I have the same issue and each time when I click on "OK" bring me the display to "camera type" where I cannot select the cam (connection error).
There is no way to use any other menu on the main menu, because each time when I exit the "camera type" menu it loops again to the
"Camera connection status" message.
There is NO way to enter Android to reset or clean the cache, no way.
Some tests I did:
The camara w-lan is seen using a phone.
Moving the drone to enter the "binding" process, only the drone is seen.
Update again same firmware, but continue with the same message.

Any good ideas to help me?

TIA

JagoWhatsApp Image 2018-12-06 at 00.00.17.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-12-06 at 00.00.17.jpeg

Was you able to solve the problem? I'm facing the same issue and want to reset the controller.
Jagito,
The "Camera is not Match" loop occurring when the correct camera is selected is sometimes a symptom of a failed 5.8GHz module in the controller. Unplugging the 4 pin connector on the module, cleaning the contact pins, and plugging it back in might clear the issue. If the module has failed, it will have to be replaced.
Note that if the 4 pin connector is left unplugged, it will break the loop, allowing you to move about the controller for things like doing a reset. However, reset will not resolve the issue if the module has actually failed.

Thanks you moderator!!!
One question:

How to identify the 5.8GHz module? I must disassemble the controller and where I found it?

TIA

Jago

You can also have a chat with Enrico: kopterbude.ch
As far as I know he has a ST16 as "spar part depot". Maybe he can help or lend a WiFi module for testing/debugging.
Btw. the WiFi module is for both 2.4GHz wiFi and 5GHz WiFi. The other 2.4GHz module is the ZigBee RC transceiver.

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
Hello World, just to update the case.
Because the drone is still covered by the warranty, I decided to bring it back to repair. When I'll become it back I will tell you, what support did.
TIA
Jago

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx