Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera disconnect , 2 ST10+ & carolina mod

Reaction score
Out of the box my 4K dropped video feed after about a minute or so. I know I'm in a congested wifi area, so I assumed that was the issue.

I just purchased a 2nd ST10+ with the Carolina Dronz antenna mod. 1st test flight with new xmitter and after a minure it dropped the feed. I snapped a few photos and it froze on the last photo.

Will the antenna mod cure a heavy wifi area? Or is it same results with booster or not?

I'm now thinking the problem is with the camera or quad. Thoughts? What are odds I have 2 bad ST10, one with the antenna mod. ??

Thanks for any help / thoughts.

Forgot to mention It drops at close distance. As close as 50 feet. Once it drops off, it does not come back without rebooting.

Last resort is send it off to Yuneec and not have it for a month or longer. Hoping to fix this without shipping to Yuneec

The video feed comes from the antenna inside the camera. If you pull off the lens cover on the front of the camera the antenna is visible just above the lens. I put a free wifi analyzer app on my phone so I can see the signal strength from the camera. You have to use a phone that is dual band wifi enabled to see the 5.8Ghz signal. After you see the signal you can back away from the camera and see how far you can get before losing the signal. If you needed you should only have to send in the camera to have it tested. You could also send the camera to Carolina Dronz and they can test it with one of there ST10's. I would guess the camera has a bad antenna or wifi board.

Reactions: Jersey Jigger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz