Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera disconnecting

Reaction score
Hi All
I was out with H Tuesday evening.
Climbed to 120 meters for a look and lost camera connection.
I descended and waited for reconnection.
I had to eventually reboot H and it connected again but lost the camera almost immediately.
I tried re binding, cleaning contacts and re seating gimbal. Antennae tight. H would not reconnect again.
I was now getting a Failed to initialize camera error and a green green magenta signal from cam.
Next day, tried a different card and it did connect better.
Flew last evening and got a disconnect-reconnect on the first battery
but the second one flew without a problem.
I wonder if the card is the problem or is there anything else I should look at?
Any help would be great.
Firmware is all up to date. H is a replacement but they sent back the old camera and gimbal.
Shes a Euro H.

It's a problem with the EU firmware, I also get these random disconnects although I haven't had one since I started doing this at startup:

Go into system settings
Hit refresh until the camera shows up in white
select the camera and hit bind
Return to flight screen

I started doing this as some claim it speeds up the start up, I don't know about that but I have not had a disconnect since.

Reports suggest that Yuneec are aware of this problem and working on a fix.

Hi Gyro
Thanks for the reply.
I did the binding trick when it happened but it did not help.
Might give H-Q a call. At least it will push for a firmware update.

Guess I've just been lucky, The first few flights doing this I was using the stock antennas but the last few flights I have DBS fitted so maybe that is helping as well.

There is a firmware update due out since the end of last week, it's supposed to address this issue amongst others.

There is a firmware update due out since the end of last week, it's supposed to address this issue amongst others.
Can you tell me where this update is?
If i go to the yuneec site it got a old firmware

Can you tell me where this update is?
If i go to the yuneec site it got a old firmware
I was told last week that it was due to be uploaded by Friday, this week I was told the same thing, so I would expect to see it by today or tomorrow.

I was told last week that it was due to be uploaded by Friday, this week I was told the same thing, so I would expect to see it by today or tomorrow.
Ah oke can wait. Got tired of the disconnecting of my camera also with the dbs :mad:

Ah oke can wait. Got tired of the disconnecting of my camera also with the dbs :mad:
Everyone in the EU seems to have this problem, mostly once the camera is connected it looses the connection again the moment the landing gear is lifted. How this got through QA is unbelievable, but should be easily fixed too.

Everyone in the EU seems to have this problem, mostly once the camera is connected it looses the connection again the moment the landing gear is lifted. How this got through QA is unbelievable, but should be easily fixed too.
And the standard firmware is that the solution or not?

Mine had the gear down and still had trouble.
I tried cycling the gear too a few times without success.
I suspect the gelded EU Tx power.

And the standard firmware is that the solution or not?
Apparently from what I have heard is that this firmware update to be uploaded this week will be the solution to this problem. Also maybe it will have other improvements to the camera and compass.

If this corrects the problem, what will we talk about?

I spoke to Yuneec uk yesterday (Thursday) and they told me next week for the firmware

hi,
i did the latest update (from the 1st of september 2016) and i still have trouble that the camera looses connection with the st16. the image freezes on the st16 controller. i think is has something to do with the retraction of the landing gear?
i have an EU version.

does someone has the same problems, and has someone a sollution?

with regards

A the Netherlands

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval