Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera for Typhoon H

Reaction score
Is the CGO3+ the only camera that will work on the Typhoon H ?.

I am torn between Phantom 4 pro and Typhoon h but the camera is putting me of. I am trying to start a business but have to watch the price for now.

The CGO-ET also works. I believe there are two different firmwares for this however. The firmware for the H520 will not work with the H. The H is about half the cost of the P4P. The lens can be upgraded on the CGO3+ to improve the image or you can acquire an additional CGO3+ with a different lens and still be much less expensive than the P4. In addition, aftermarket batteries for the H are about $50 which is a huge savings. I also like the fact that the H is relatively quiet compared to many of the quadcopters.

Reactions: Murray Martz
The CGO-ET also works. I believe there are two different firmwares for this however. The firmware for the H520 will not work with the H. The H is about half the cost of the P4P. The lens can be upgraded on the CGO3+ to improve the image or you can acquire an additional CGO3+ with a different lens and still be much less expensive than the P4. In addition, aftermarket batteries for the H are about $50 which is a huge savings. I also like the fact that the H is relatively quiet compared to many of the quadcopters.

Hi and thanks Steve do you have any links to this info on where and how to change lens on the cgo3+ and what the difference will be?

Thanks for the video.
I'm hoping to install a PixAero 6mm lens on my spare CGO3+ camera. However, delivery time quoted on eBay is 1-2 months! Has anyone received a 6mm lens yet? How long did it take?

Shipping time from my purchase was about 4 weeks from Pixaero's distribution center in Russia to Carolina Dronz. Has already been installed on camera #2 there... just waiting on better weather this next week for them to shoot the comparison video/photos. I expect to have it back to me, with test comparison results in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the video.
I'm hoping to install a PixAero 6mm lens on my spare CGO3+ camera. However, delivery time quoted on eBay is 1-2 months! Has anyone received a 6mm lens yet? How long did it take?
I understand they are out of stock with some lenses. You might want to verify if it's in stock before waiting too long.

The CG03 is the default camera that comes with the Stock H model.
That is not correct. The CGo3+ is the standard camera for the Typhoon H. The CG03 will power up on the H, and has some minimal functionality on the H, but it is not a good substitute at all.

And you are responding to a question that was asked in July of 2019 anyway.

Reactions: PatR
The CG03 is the default camera that comes with the Stock H model.
FALSE! As said by @WTFDproject!

Please folks!

Take a look at the date of a post before responding to it. If it is over 6 months old leave it buried. YES to reading for information, NO to responding as it brings the post to the top of the stack and pushes new posts down in the queue.

Hello. Hoping someone can help me. Purchased a refurbished Typhoon H but I need to get a camera. Anyone know if the E50 will work with it? Also need a battery for the ST16 controller.

The Typhoon H uses the CGO3+ and the CGO-ET(low resolution thermal). The E-50 and E-90 are for the H520.

I’ve never heard of a refurb without a camera (CGO3+). Where was this purchased?

Huge liquidation of a Yuneec dealer and servicer in Kansas City. They sold dozens of Yuneec Drones and cameras by the lot along with accessories, etc. I assume you'll see a lot of drones and cameras pop up on ebay for pretty low prices. Some of the lots were 10 ore more Typhoon H's for under $1K. Camera bundles too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval