Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera just spins

Reaction score
Had a crash, ripped the gimbal off. Replaced the slip ring and got everything reinstalled but the camera just spins around. Tried calibrating the gimbal, compass and ACCs, nothing helps. Even does it when I power on the craft without the RC on so it doesn't seem to be a controller issue. I have video and the tilt works. Any ideas?

Seems like I have seen this problem before. I think it was caused by the connector that you have to remove the wires from to replace the slip ring. Recheck all the wires and connectors. It is easy for one of the pins to not get fully seated when you reinstall them. Otherwise you will need to send it in for repair to a service center.

Thanks. yeah I just checked those plugs and everything is seated. I suppose the slip ring could be bad. Interestingly when I start the gimbal calibration procedure it stops spinning and is held in position. Once done it starts spinning again. What is even more strange is that it spins faster one way than the other. Once it starts spinning I cab hold it and stop it, then it will spin the other way. Then hold it again and it spins back the opposite direction. One way is really fast, the other is much slower. I also double checked all plugs on the control board in the camera base and the motor wires themself. Seems kinda like the gyro or ACC for the pan is borked.

There are other calibrations that can only be done at a repair center. It could be a damaged part or simply need the factory cal.

Had a crash, ripped the gimbal off. Replaced the slip ring and got everything reinstalled but the camera just spins around. Tried calibrating the gimbal, compass and ACCs, nothing helps. Even does it when I power on the craft without the RC on so it doesn't seem to be a controller issue. I have video and the tilt works. Any ideas?
Sounds like the camera position feedback signal is open and not making contact. Make sure all wiring connections are good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis