Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Look Down Interesting experiment.

Reaction score
Hello, Not sure if anyone has done this yet, but I was flying just before dark this evening at 400 AGL and pointed my camera straight down. I then maneuvered the craft so the cross hairs in the center of the screen was on top of my car while still at 400 ft. I then took my hand off of the right joystick and pulled the H down with the left stick. I think I may have also yawed it some and you will see that in the video but I tried hard to only use the collective. (Have to trust me on that). What amazed me was from all that distance with all the possible things that could have caused errors, the H ended up just above the car at about 10 ft. Check this out.

Reactions: yuneec53
You're right that was very interesting. I don't know but you could have possibly moved your cyclic on your way down, or it could be vortex ring state could do that also.

I did not have my hand on the cyclic at all (right stick) during the altitude change. The lateral movement at VERY beginning of the video was me maneuvering cyclic to put the cross hair right on the car before lowering the H, then I let go of it. I did feel the left stick slide out of center a bit on the way down a couple of times. The stop start in the altitude change was probably me changing my attention from the ST 16 to the H and back and allowing the left stick to center during those transitions. What really amazes me is the geometry of the camera pointed down is so accurate that there was very little angle error on the way down. That cross hair did not move off of the car. .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval