Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera not connecting

Reaction score
`This friend has a Typhoon H. It flew fine yesterday, but last night he decided to play with the GCS and somehow today the camera doesn't show up in the device list and won't connect.

I advised to reload the firmware on the camera as it doesn't power up when booting the copter. He went to download the firmware, and it's "access denied".

The ST16 connects fine to the H.

Ok I lied, it was me that did it.

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
`This friend has a Typhoon H. It flew fine yesterday, but last night he decided to play with the GCS and somehow today the camera doesn't show up in the device list and won't connect.

I advised to reload the firmware on the camera as it doesn't power up when booting the copter. He went to download the firmware, and it's "access denied".

The ST16 connects fine to the H.

Ok I lied, it was me that did it.
Mine did that out of box, had to go into setting and bind H with ST 16 again and its good to go!

Mine did that out of box, had to go into setting and bind H with ST 16 again and its good to go!

The H already binds with ST16. It's like the camera doesn't exist.

Shouldn't there be a S/N for the ST16 to pick from the list like for the camera?

The documentation is horrid. I ran into this with my friend's Q500 last December. They are slow to update instructions.

What is the procedure for re-binding?

The H already binds with ST16. It's like the camera doesn't exist.

Shouldn't there be a S/N for the ST16 to pick from the list like for the camera?
No, I just saw the Typhoon H one in the Bind selection on top left, it should after tapping turn blue around edges and then on bottom right tap the Bind tab and it re-binded and mine worked. Are you getting a green led on the camera , above the lens in a pin hole size hole? If not camera isn't turning on. I posted that this happened to me because i was turning the H on by double tapping the ON switch twice, like you have to do on the P3/4 battery to turn it on, So I was turning the H on and then the second tap, turned the camera off, so H was on but camera off. You just have to push the H button once and hold 2 secs. Don't know if this is your issue or will help?

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
Glider, does your camera have a green or flashing red/blue led above lens when you are all booted and ready to go?

Glider, does your camera have a green or flashing red/blue led above lens when you are all booted and ready to go?
The camera does not light up at all; as if there's no power to it. I can't recall messing with stuff that much to muck up the connections but figured I must have.

The camera does not light up at all; as if there's no power to it. I can't recall messing with stuff that much to muck up the connections but figured I must have.
I had to take camera off gimbal, see a tab sticking out on top of camera gimbal? lightly push it up and from back of square gimbal top . slide camera off, you will see pins on both sections, make sure the square plastic piece fits squarely on top of camera gimbal and black bellows are freely moving. Then slide the gimbal back onto track and make sure it snaps into place and now you may have a tight pin connection, I had to do this per walk thru on phone with Yuneec tech and that solved issue. Sorry if I am confusing you, If you need help, Private me and I'll give you my # and call me, if you don't want to wait till Yuneec opens Monday!

I had to take camera off gimbal, see a tab sticking out on top of camera gimbal? lightly push it up and from back of square gimbal top . slide camera off, you will see pins on both sections, make sure the square plastic piece fits squarely on top of camera gimbal and black bellows are freely moving. Then slide the gimbal back onto track and make sure it snaps into place and now you may have a tight pin connection, I had to do this per walk thru on phone with Yuneec tech and that solved issue. Sorry if I am confusing you, If you need help, Private me and I'll give you my # and call me, if you don't want to wait till Yuneec opens Monday!

Yes, I did remove the gimbal and noted how difficult it is to get it perfectly aligned. It feels like a positive fit and snapped well, but maybe not.

No, you're not confusing me. When in System Settings it says "camera not connected". I didn't associate that with a physical issue, but that maybe the camera's firmware got corrupted/deleted somehow and the system needed to be reset and firmware reinstalled before it will light up.

Under Model there is SR24S_60714v1.07.

I also tried creating a new model. That causes there to be a "Not Connected" under Model for Aircraft. Surely if you delete the Typhoon model it can be created again; I just don't know the procedure.

Compared to Arducopter this is simple stuff here, but I'm making it a major operation.

Yes, I did remove the gimbal and noted how difficult it is to get it perfectly aligned. It feels like a positive fit and snapped well, but maybe not.

No, you're not confusing me. When in System Settings it says "camera not connected". I didn't associate that with a physical issue, but that maybe the camera's firmware got corrupted/deleted somehow and the system needed to be reset and firmware reinstalled before it will light up.

Under Model there is SR24S_60714v1.07.

I also tried creating a new model. That causes there to be a "Not Connected" under Model for Aircraft. Surely if you delete the Typhoon model it can be created again; I just don't know the procedure.

Compared to Arducopter this is simple stuff here, but I'm making it a major operation.
Press and hold for 2 secs the Typhoon model and it will delete it, but then I am not sure how to load the original again?

Press and hold for 2 secs the Typhoon model and it will delete it, but then I am not sure how to load the original again?
It can't be deleted; only copied or exported.

The problem is there isn't any documentation on troubleshooting; calling Yuneec Support seems to be the SOP. I did call and leave a message.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval