Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera recording and connection issues

Reaction score
I have a chroma 4k the camera works great but wont record videos or take pictures and loses comnection at high altitude please help

Please give some history on the system. How long you have owned it?
When was the last time it worked properly?
Did anything happen between them and now such as a crash, dropped, long storage period, etc?

Add: what kind of sd card are you using? Did you try to format a/o replace it?
I've a Chroma too, if sd card is damaged, too big, not properly formatted or not fast enough, that problem happens.
Also, I don't know the cause, if the battery of the ST10 is low below 50%, the distance of the video connection is reduced.
My Chroma (EU fw) maintains connection at a maximum distance of 250~260 mtrs, it seems that with US fw the distance is much increased.
I did a simple and easy to do mod to improve signal quality, you can see it here: ST10 long Range mod
Another advice is to switch off wifi connection on your mobile phone when flying.

Last edited:
Add: what kind of sd card are you using? Did you try to format a/o replace it?
I've a Chroma too, if sd card is damaged, too big, not properly formatted or not fast enough, that problem happens.
Also, I don't know the cause, if the battery of the ST10 is low below 50%, the distance of the video connection is reduced.
My Chroma (EU fw) maintains connection at a maximum distance of 250~260 mtrs, it seems that with US fw the distance is much increased.
I did a simple and easy to do mod to improve signal quality, you can see it here: ST10 long Range mod
Another advice is to switch off wifi connection on your mobile phone when flying.
Good advise to switch off your mobile phone

Reactions: Pier2162
Please give some history on the system. How long you have owned it?
When was the last time it worked properly?
Did anything happen between them and now such as a crash, dropped, long storage period, etc?
Just joined. Got an old second hand Chroma need to know if all Hero GoPros are compatable. The one I got came with a sports knock off and the plug does not match.

Attachments

• P6120008.JPG
    P6120008.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Just joined. Got an old second hand Chroma need to know if all Hero GoPros are compatable. The one I got came with a sports knock off and the plug does not match.
VERY warm welcome Christopher to the forum, hope that you will find this site very useful and helpful as a lot of us have in the past and to date , very smart and helpful people on it

VERY warm welcome Christopher to the forum, hope that you will find this site very useful and helpful as a lot of us have in the past and to date , very smart and helpful people on it
Thank you for your welcome !

Was happy to win a bid on a GoPro 4 today so I might get this baby to fly . From all I found today the other GoPro's with higher resolution do not work with this drone. Just noticed the whole gamble can be removed and maybe a better camera installed. I was so excided to have received a GPS drone from a friend, since all my experiences have been not good to keep a drone stable while learning to fly and tale pic. Will attach a pic for you.

Attachments

• P6130055.JPG
    P6130055.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Just noticed the whole gamble can be removed and maybe a better camera installed.
The CGo2, CGo2+ and the Chroma Version of CGo3 will all work on the Chroma. The CGo3 version for Q500 will also work but requires a pigtail adapter to plug it into the Chroma.
In case you see it elsewhere, be aware the CGo3+ camera will NOT work on the Chroma.

Reactions: Chris Koch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech