Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Resolution?

1) yes. EVERYONE would notice it

2) no has nothing to do with the physical resolution of the imager.

Sure Der Stig, everyone would notice it. Care to do another video critique of a "YUN_____" video? At least we know, based on your professional analysis that a GoPro is better than a P4. :)

If you side by side compare a go-pro 4 black 4k video beside the CGO3P 4k video there is a very noticeable difference in smoothness of video the go-pro seems to have much more information in any given second of video, but the two cameras are built form basically the same parts.
I'm wondering if Yuneec were able to adjust the codec settings, would we be able to achieve smoother video.
I wonder if too if it would ever be possible to flash these processor's ourselves.
The S2 processor specs say that it has a "Flexible GOP configuration" and...as well as a lot of other stuff I don't know about. http://www.ambarella.com/uploads/docs/S2 IPCam Product Brief.pdf

Well the S2 isn't as powerful as the A9 and that's part of the bottleneck, also it's not a "Flight optimized" Processor

I doubt the codec parameters are set in stone, they are likely set by the camera firmware during initialization. Either Yuneec or a determined enthusiast should be able to change the bitrate and GOP length.

some of the settings are defined by either putting voltage on or grounding a pin. Yuneec made meany choices by what looks to be power consumption. Long GOPS take less power than short GOP's

The GoPro uses a three times shorter GOP at a bitrate not much higher than the GGO3+ -- that actually makes it more compressed because it has more independent frames. If you had only independent frames at the same bitrate, you'd have the most heavily compressed image.

Yes, 4:2:0 is blotchy. Try using it for green-screen work and see if you can get a good key from it.
There is plenty of 4K 4:4:4 RAW footage on the net for downloading.

except GoPro offset their data rate by 18% to make up for the difference. Temporaly the GoPro does better due to the shorter GOP intervals

Why would I pull a green screen off of a format designed NOT to have a green keyed pulled.

on problem with getting footage fro the net. there is always see sort of compression baked in. you need off the sensor streams before the processor.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also this:
Basically, there is nothing to keep Yuneec from configuring the CGO3+ to deliver better quality. GoPro uses the Ambarella A9 as well in the Hero 4.
It seems like there are groups on the net related to dash cams who flash these processors, I wonder if anyone here has any experience with that kind of thing to ask for help?

on problem with getting footage fro the net. there is always see sort of compression baked in. you need off the sensor streams before the processor.
Nonsense. The raw files I'm talking about record the exact same thing that is the input to any further encoding to AVC/H.264/MPEG4. It is the data that comes out of the A/D conversion, de-Bayered, with no tone curves, color profiles, or compression applied.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin