Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera select loop - any fixes?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get past this dreaded message?The pad cannot be accessed. If you click OK it takes you straight to the camera selection screen. Regardless of what you select it shows Camera Not Connected. It will not allow you to access the main screen or get to the pad function. Cannot perform a reset, cannot recognize the camera although the wi-fi network shows up. The camera works fine on the handheld grip. The ground station is a ST16, the camera is a CG04 from a Tornado H920 plus. Using the return button only takes you back to the main screen with the error, still not able to access anything. I am calling the vendor tomorrow to have the ST16 replaced if I can't find a common sense fix.

Attachments

• KIMG0333.jpg
    KIMG0333.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 16
@rdonson, can you help this fellow ? I had a problem like this but all is took was the 1-9+0 pass code when selecting cameras.

[QUOTE=" The ground station is a ST16, the camera is a CG04 from a Tornado H920 plus.[/QUOTE]

Could read this as the camera is still on your Tornado, and it's the ST16 you normally use on the Tornado. Could also read it as "Moved the CGO4 to something else, and using a different ST16". Whoever answers might need to know what, if anything, has changed from your setup prior to having the problem.

Everything points to a failure of the wi-fi board on the st16, and it will need replacing. Apparently Yuneec has had quite a few of these with the same problem. They mentioned it in the bulletin they never posted and covered it in the TSB they never published. Very disappointed. My first H920 kit was a dream right out of the box.

@PatR , @thoneter
Do you have any suggestions?

No clue on my side either. A couple posts similar to this have recently shown up in the Typhoon H forum. I have experienced this with an H myself but the solution was selecting the correct camera type, which apparently is not working for some folks.

One question I have not asked in either forum; Has the -16 ever been powered up without the antennas attached?

Having the antennas detached was something I never considered until it was explained to me by a learned soul Steve something or other!

I blew out my first video transmitter that way a long time ago. Back then the lesson was expensive and quickly learned. As I haven’t done it since I don’t ever think about it, but as rarely do I see warnings against doing it I’m sure it happens with those unaware of the dangers. The desire for some carry their equipment exceedingly neat and compact likely has them frequently removing antennas.

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval