Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera wires pulled loose from gimbal mount

Reaction score
Im sure this is a common question yet I am having issues on finding the answer. I have a typhoon g with the camera mount but no camera yet. In a nutshell the drone crashed and the three wires coming out of the drone disconnected from the gimbal camera assembly. It seems like three solder points but how do I get open the board for access and reconnect the wires in correct location. I dont know where that is either. Please help...

I did this repair over the weekend. I had the gopro attached during a crash and mine got pulled out. To get the cover off, take the gimbal off the drone, then take the top part of the gimbal (that slides on to the drone) off by squeezing out the 4 rubber rings. Then the black cover of the gimbal motherboard should be exposed. On one side there are two tiny screws, take those out. the other side is just a plastic clip that will slide out once those two screws are out.

On the repair, be very careful and really study the breaks so you can tell which wire goes to which solder point. I took my time and studied the tips of the wires and the solder points on the board with a magnifying glass so I could be absolutely sure. Luckily I got it right first try, it worked right away!

Im sure this is a common question yet I am having issues on finding the answer. I have a typhoon g with the camera mount but no camera yet. In a nutshell the drone crashed and the three wires coming out of the drone disconnected from the gimbal camera assembly. It seems like three solder points but how do I get open the board for access and reconnect the wires in correct location. I dont know where that is either. Please help...

I just completed this repair last night, mine actually had damaged the board, but if you read on the board it says ground/vcc/and the third one which at the moment i cant recall. But to idenify which wire is which remove the cover of the gimbal plate where the wires go to the connector and they are labeled so you can tell which wire is which. it is not to very difficult to repair. Mine had actually ripped some traces off the board so I had to reconnect in different locations. But still not a big deal. You can see where they went really easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx