Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera won't respond to ST16 after crash

Reaction score
I crashed my H a month or so ago, after I suddenly got a low-battery warning on a battery I had thought was fully charged - I almost had made it to the ground and was bringing it back when it skidded into the pavement, tumbling and tossing off the camera. The only apparent damage was the rails on the attachment piece had sheared off; I ordered a replacement mount and replaced the broken one a couple nights ago.

Powering up the H, the pilot light on the camera lights up and the camera centers itself; moving it manually, it again centers itself, both side-to-side and up-and-down. I can connect to the camera with the ST16 - I even re-bound it - and see what it sees. However, it won't respond to calibration, pan or pitch controls - it just stares forward. Did my camera suffer a stroke or something?

Two things to check.
1)
On the contacts where the camera slides onto the H, sometimes they get pressed down and do not make contact. A straight pin will usually lift them up to where they need to be.
2)
The White wire (main control signal wire) from the contact pate of the camera is broken. This is part of the slip ring assembly. It is user replaceable, but a bit tedious to do (Requires soldering and removing pins from a connector).

Reactions: Steve Carr
I did check the contacts and made sure they were all up; I'll check the white wire tonight. Thanks!

It is not too uncommon for the wires to just pull loose from the solder joints of the top plate. (if you got lucky).
In my case it actually broke the wire, but I had enough slake to solder it back together.

It's working again! I disassembled the mount again and checked the solder connections - all looked tight and undamaged. Screwed the retainer plate back on tight, fiddled with the shock absorbers ;- ) and put it all back together, and it worked on the first try! I think it wa just messing with me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NetsolWater