Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can a CGOET camera work with the Typhoon H?

Reaction score
I have a Typhoon H and am thinking of purchasing a CGOET camera. I found a cheap one ($500) and am wondering if it will work with my Typhoon H and ST-16 controller
.CGOET3.jpgCGOET2.jpg

Attachments

• Yuneec 1.jpg
    Yuneec 1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 24
You need more information for that camera. There are two models. One for the H and one for the H520. They look identical but they have different firmware and will only work on the aircraft for which they are designated.

The model for the H520 is YUNETUS
The model for the H480 is YUNCGOETUS

Last edited:
Is it possible to change the firmware to make the CGOET for the Typhoon H520 work with the H480?

The 480, 520 and 920 refers to the distance between two adjacent motors.

Nope. Only the factory could change the firmware and that would be impractical. Can you get the model number from the seller?

The 480, 520 and 920 refers to the distance between two adjacent motors.

Nope. Only the factory could change the firmware and that would be impractical. Can you get the model number from the seller?
Oh, ok. I'm asking the seller right now. And also, do you know why I can't post ads? It says that I don't have sufficient priveledges. What does that mean and how am I supposed to get them? I'm thinking of selling my Typhoon H and probably buying a H520 or H920

Forget, each device model has its own firmware. I'm thinking of the problems that will follow such as the freezing of the device and a subsequent upgrade

Reactions: JSmith731
Forget, each device model has its own firmware. I'm thinking of the problems that will follow such as the freezing of the device and a subsequent upgrade
You never do a firmware change on the CGO-ET unless you are instructed to do so. There is no firmware update for H480 version. If you use the firmware from the H520 version, the camera will be bricked and will have to be sent in for repair.

You never do a firmware change on the CGO-ET unless you are instructed to do so. There is no firmware update for H480 version. If you use the firmware from the H520 version, the camera will be bricked and will have to be sent in for repair.
I've never seen a download to convert EU to US firmware or vice versa, does that exist? So if you buy a cheap US one your stumped?

I've never seen a download to convert EU to US firmware or vice versa, does that exist? So if you buy a cheap US one your stumped?
There is no such thing as a cheap US CGO-ET. In any case, the US firmware will still work in the UK.

There is no such thing as a cheap US CGO-ET. In any case, the US firmware will still work in the UK.
It's cheaper dollar to pound exchange that's what I mean seen them $ 800 over there, here £1000 so today's rate saves me nearly £200 so it is cheaper!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Oh, ok. I'm asking the seller right now. And also, do you know why I can't post ads? It says that I don't have sufficient priveledges. What does that mean and how am I supposed to get them? I'm thinking of selling my Typhoon H and probably buying a H520 or H920

From the Classified Guidelines:

"To post a classified listing, you’ll need to be a member of YuneecPilots.com for at least 30 days and have at least 10 posts."

You joined on February 4, 2020. You will be able to post in the classified section as of March 5, 2020.

YuneecPilots (and all of our related forums) instituted a 30day/10post rule for submitting a classified ad. You should be eligible to post an ad on March 3rd or 4th.

This was instituted to discourage scammers using the sites to facilitate their underhanded sales tactics. It has worked well so far, helping to protect the membership from scam artists.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
If you have the Typhoon H (480).. and it tells you to update firmware.. DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE.. you will brick it like Steve Carr said.

Don't buy anything from OfferUp, it's a very dishonest site, I bought a CGOET from a Seller, he shipped the item (so he claimed) and it was shipped to himself, according to the Tracking, I used PayPal and stopped him from receiving payment. I informed OfferUp about the Seller and they allow him to continue to Sale the same CGOET, I get an email each time he sells it, he has sold the same camera 3 times so far, I checked the Better Business Bureau and OfferUp has over 500 Complaints..the same buyer sells the Camera under 2 different profiles.....Buyer Beware!

Attachments

• OfferUp Response.PNG
    OfferUp Response.PNG
    31 KB · Views: 17
  • F Offerup 10.2.PNG
    F Offerup 10.2.PNG
    406.3 KB · Views: 17
  • F Offerup 10.1.PNG
    F Offerup 10.1.PNG
    372.1 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Forum statistics