Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can anyone help explain how to discharge batteries correctly and the specifics. Maybe even a manual on the q500's battery and maintenance??? Thanks

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
For us to be specific you need to do the same. Discharge for:

Disposal?

Storage?

The batteries for the Q500 are 3S (3 LiPo cells in series) with a nominal voltage of 11.1V and full charge voltage of 12.6V. Storage voltage should be 11.4V (3.8V per cell).

Reactions: Steve Carr
Reaction score
On my Chroma batteries also 3S, I make an effort to land with the controller showing 11.1v or so. The battery rebounds a bit when you take the load off.

I generally target 3.75v to 3.8v per cell so I don't need to be dead precise to store.

I like to do it that way because the manual discharge methods I have are slow. Also I feel it's better on the battery not to discharge it as deeply as I could. Before I put them up I check the cell voltages, if one cell is only .01 off I'll go ahead and put it away. If not I'll put it on a balancer.

I also store mine in the fire retardant cases individually in the top shelf of the fridge. It's not as cold there but it keeps them at a stable cold temp. They get put in a ziploc bag as well to prevent condensation when I set them out to normalize to air temp before use.

My batteries are probably well over 3 years old and still perform well.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efish