Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

can anyone help on yuneec h520e ?

Reaction score
can anyone help on yuneec h520e, after pressing video record button and then stopping the recording, the screen just shows buffering icon for a long time and doesn t go back to showing the video. Tired to update the controller via wireless, it did one of the updates but all the rest, it goes through the download to 100% and then says failed. It wont go past the one it fails which is the second item on the list. Once going to the android and try to update, it just shows a circle and doesnt do anything else for a long time. Went to yuneec website and downloaded the available updates and put it on the put it on the memory card and updated the android from that and it seemed to do the updates but when going back to the drone, it still shows buffering icon after pressing the video record button.

Does anyone have any ideas, thankyou very much
mek

after pressing video record button and then stopping the recording, the screen just shows buffering icon for a long time and doesn t go back to showing the video.
What are your current video settings and what brand/type is the SD card?
It's possible the buffering issue is caused by the SD card. You could try a different SD card and/or set the video resolution lower to see if anything changes.

It's possible the buffering issue is caused by the SD card. You could try a different SD card and/or set the video resolution lower to see if anything changes.
Good morning Wtfdproject,
how are you my friend, thank you for your help.
the card is scandisk and the res was set at 3840*2160*60,
I understand that the res is high but it was always like that,

The mem card is directly on the e90 cam so there should be no buffering to the controller as its on the cam it self, there should be no transfer to the controller, and have the screen just show a circle turning and no video,
as this is very dangerous as we cant see where the drone is going whilst all this is going on

I took of the mem from the drone and restarted the controller and it gave the usual message that no mem card so it cant record but in the background was the same purple circle arrow s going round and round and no video and its been like that since (10mins) and has stayed like that since, no matter how many times the controller is restarted, it just shows the buffering icon thing as in the picts enclosed.

as said, I tried to update the controller, on the updates it goes to 100% but then says failed.
would you know a way to install each update individually, maybe thats the answer to the update problem?
When I start the controller it just starts with the screen showing no cam view and just with the buffering icon,

I have enclosed some picts for you,

Do you think there is an issue with the controller and needs to be replaced?

Anyways thank you for your help and hope you are having a great sunday..
mek

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    576.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    773.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 11
Wtfdproject, my friend, I took your advise and tried a different sd card and it seemed to work so i formatted the original sd card and put it back on and seems to work on high settings (not taken it out to the field as yet) but thank you very much, so hopefully it will be fine.

would you have any ideas or solutions on the update issue,

by the way love your photo and thanks again

Reactions: WTFDproject
would you have any ideas or solutions on the update issue,
I am only guessing for the H520E. The H520E update system shows some similarities with the update system for the H520, but there are also apparently some significant differences. I have not yet had an H520E to look at.
I would recommend reading the attached article related to a peculiarity in the original H520 UpDatePilot system. Looking at your pictures above, it appears the H520E Updates are initiated within the flight APP itself, instead of a standalone system. But I wonder if they share the same vulnerability. The original H520 update system had difficulties if the camera mounted at the time of the update was not the same camera as used on the previous update.
I don't have an SD card update document for the H520E yet. Perhaps @chascoadmin or another pilot could offer advice for how to do H520E updates outside of the OTA system.

Again, I am not at all familiar with the H520E update system. This article may have no meaning at all to your system. But here is a link in hopes you can find a clue to your issue.

Reactions: chascoadmin
I am only guessing for the H520E. The H520E update system shows some similarities with the update system for the H520, but there are also apparently some significant differences. I have not yet had an H520E to look at.
I would recommend reading the attached article related to a peculiarity in the original H520 UpDatePilot system. Looking at your pictures above, it appears the H520E Updates are initiated within the flight APP itself, instead of a standalone system. But I wonder if they share the same vulnerability. The original H520 update system had difficulties if the camera mounted at the time of the update was not the same camera as used on the previous update.
I don't have an SD card update document for the H520E yet. Perhaps @chascoadmin or another pilot could offer advice for how to do H520E updates outside of the OTA system.

Again, I am not at all familiar with the H520E update system. This article may have no meaning at all to your system. But here is a link in hopes you can find a clue to your issue.
thank you Wtfdproject, I will,

As they say in england, YOU'RE A STAR!!

have a great weekend and week ahead and thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval