Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can RTH height be adjusted to suit on the H

Since the RTH minimum is 33' you just increase your altitude to maybe 200' before you hit RTH. BTW, if you lose GPS signal RTH and Smart mode won't work anyway. You'll have to fly in back in angle mode.

Understand that Steve but what if i am flying in a forest along a straight fire trail and i get the low battery warning and im driving so i dont notice it at the time. So when critical time hits it will RTH. So would home be where it launched from or where the controller is at the time (as i am driving the controller is in he car with me but would be quite a distance up the road.
Also in that situation mate, if i have it following me at say 15 feet, would it rise to 30 before heading back to its RTH point?

I'm watching this goose on youtube comparing the P4 and the H and he states that the H cannot be adjusted to reset the height for a RTH senario. He states in the video that the RTH height is FIXED to 10 meters / 32 feet.
I was of the understanding that it can be adjusted to suit your requirements.
Can someone confirm this please.
We may crash our H if sudden lost of control signal, the auto RTH activate if on the way home any object is higher than H will crash on it.

YES 100% the RTH can be adjusted to any height you want. The setting is changed on the windows interface programme. Yes he was an awful goose deliberately side stepping and under rating and good points.
The one you mention is not the RTH setting is the max height setting you can change > 122m

What I believe Yuneec had in mind was that when you fly Line of Sight, you'll fly lower to the ground than when you fly Out of Line of Sight. Therefore if You're flying a mile away, Yuneec assumes that in order to send and receive signal you'd have to be at least 200 feet in the air, and if RTH was initiated at that time (automatically), the Typhoon will remain at 200 feet in the air all the way back to you. Their logic is sound in 90% of cases I believe.
don't keep mention Line of Sight,...... the RTH setting is very important.

I hope when discuss RTH, please do not keep mention Line of Sight, or lost of sight , it is very stupid thinking, why you don't need RTH setting .... stupid

The GUI can not change the RTH setting
I know, that's why I asked for a Picture. I really don't know why Yuneec do not make this adjustable, If somebody sets it too low and crashes then it would show as much in the telemetry and they could prove that it was user error.

The Typhoon H RTH height was set to 10m, and was Unable to set by the user it is very dangerous, when lost signal auto RTH activated the H return home it may hit the building or trees.
According to the manual flying higher than 10m Typhoon H will maintain the current altitude, fly back to the home point, when flying lower than 10m Typhoon H will climb to 10m and fly back to the home point.
If you are at 30m height and you lost of connection signal you will unable to control the Typhoon H ,the Typhoon H auto activate the return home and while flying back to the home point , if there's a tall building may be 35m height it will crash on to the building, i hope yuneec tech Department for the next firmware update you should allows user to set the RTH heights according to their fly situations.
Please refer to below video (2min 20sec start lost of signal) according to the owner said:
The default minimum Return to Home (RTH) altitude on the DJI P3P is set to 20 meters. This is not enough for some environments. I should have set it to 30 meters before this flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt