Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The controller can't find the H520 drone, but I can find my E90. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Good evening All,

I currently took over a small drone program, and included in the program are two Yuneec H520 drones. On one of the aircraft, when I power on the aircraft, I can get the camera to Link to our iPad that is running QGroundControl. However, there is no link to the aircraft. No lights turn on underneath the rotors. There are internal lights on the aircraft that turn on. The power button will not allow the aircraft to turn off. I have to take the battery out.

When I spoke to the previous operator, he said these aircraft are plagued. Anyway, my question is, do you think this is something that can be fixed? Since it's not working, I figured I would attempt to add new firmware to the drone through an SD card inserted into the E90 camera; it flashes green and then beeps and moves around.

For brevity: A file was created after, and this was the result.

found /tmp/SD0/autopilot.yuneec to update
file size: 1384128
found board ID in JSON: 66
found iv
found encrypted image
.yuneec JSON parsed
base64decode compressed image len: 994119
base64decode iv len: 16
base64decode uncompressed len: 993808
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
failed to get reboot acknowledged at 500000, continuing anyway
got bl revision: 7
got board id: 66
key invalid

Attention, this unit's warranty has been voided by uploading non-
factory firmware (a standard .px4 file). This drone will not accept
factory releases. The only option is to use a standard .px4 file.

I utilized a file that I found on the forums for this. Is there a .px4 somewhere that I can get access to that I can put in and get this thing operating again?

I have a second H520 that I haven't tested, but I'm sure the second one has the same issues. However, if it is discovered that it doesn't have the same issues, can I get the files from that one and put them on the drone that isn't working and get it operational?

Thanks for your help,

Gregory

When I spoke to the previous operator, he said these aircraft are plagued.
Maybe. Did the previous operator provide any information of what firmware was loaded?

I could not find the thread, but I believe this issue is discussed on the Forum already.

You may want to try the Update Pilot method of updating. I doubt it will work, but won't hurt anything. Since you have acquired some equipment with a reasonable chance the equipment has been through some changes, you should probably review the discussion about the weird anomaly Yuneec created with the H520 update. It is possible that if you reset the Wi-Fi and camera as discussed in this document, you may get some results.

The update protocol stated that you have used a wrong FW file. Can you tell us what you have used?
H520 is not fully compatible with QGroundControl. There are some product specific changes, customized MAV link messages and so on. Use DataPilot instead. It is a QGC fork customized for H520.

Maybe. Did the previous operator provide any information of what firmware was loaded?

I could not find the thread, but I believe this issue is discussed on the Forum already.

You may want to try the Update Pilot method of updating. I doubt it will work, but won't hurt anything. Since you have acquired some equipment with a reasonable chance the equipment has been through some changes, you should probably review the discussion about the weird anomaly Yuneec created with the H520 update. It is possible that if you reset the Wi-Fi and camera as discussed in this document, you may get some results.
Good afternoon,

It's been several years so the previous operator wasn't able to provide any pertinent information besides they're plagued. I did go through and read through all the discussions and it's likely that the drone is bricked. I attempted to reset the Wi-Fi and camera as discussed and no results.

I reached out to Terrestrial Imaging, as an individual within the Forum had a similar issue and they were able to "reflash" and get him up and running again. However, they have stopped providing services for this unit.

I appreciate the assistance on this.

Respectfully,

Gregory

The update protocol stated that you have used a wrong FW file. Can you tell us what you have used?
H520 is not fully compatible with QGroundControl. There are some product specific changes, customized MAV link messages and so on. Use DataPilot instead. It is a QGC fork customized for H520.
Guten Abend,

Thank you for your response. I utilized the U.S. Version of FW from Yuneec Skins. However, to be fair, the issues (bricked) were present prior to attempting to upload FW. It appears that the 520 is bricked. I did even attempt DataPilot today, as well to solve the issues.

Thanks for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Gregory

I know nothing about this, but @iammrb had a problem that sounds much like yours. He was given some "older firmware" by Yuneec, and says it fixed his issue. Might be worth reading through the whole thread and giving it a try. Maybe the "Older firmware" lacks ID checks that were added to newer versions? I have no idea.

Somewhere in the thread it mentions to format the SD card with FAT32. Formatting with FAT32 on a windows PC seems to work well for a lot of this stuff.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook