Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

card problems

Reaction score
good afternoon, I have a problem with the H520E, and the E90X camera. I put SAMSUNG 64gb U3 cards, and another skandisk 128 evo. The thing is, they are formatted in xfat , and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. And that means that the drone does not recognize the camera when they are installed. My question is why it makes it so difficult for it to accept the card and why the next time it doesn't even recognize it anymore. Thank you very much

Yuneec has had issues with Samsung cards for years. Not sure what the issue is. Any card 64GB and greater needs to be formatted as exFAT to be fully utilized. You might try using some plastic safe contact cleaner in the card slot and insert and remove a card several times before the cleaner evaporates. This has helped on other cameras like the CGO3+, C23, and E90.

If the camera recognizes the card then format it while it's in the camera. Doing so will show whether or not formatting is causing the issue.
And, as Doom mentions, Samsung is a card to avoid.

I know the problem - it's file format. Your cards will be working without issues in FAT32. How to format bigger card to FAT32? Windows won't do it - but there's a lot of tools that are able to do so - I'm using Raspberry Pi Imager. They (Raspberry) have exactly the same issue - so that's why you can format any card to FAT32 with their tool :)

I know the problem - it's file format. Your cards will be working without issues in FAT32. How to format bigger card to FAT32? Windows won't do it - but there's a lot of tools that are able to do so - I'm using Raspberry Pi Imager. They (Raspberry) have exactly the same issue - so that's why you can format any card to FAT32 with their tool :)
The cameras can use exFAT and formatting a card larger than 32GB as FAT32 limits it to 32GB therefore a waste of money for larger card. Computers can partition the card into more than one logical drive and use FAT32 on them, but the cameras can only see and use the first one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval