Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Carrying the H...best ideas?

Reaction score
Hey Guys, love the forum and first time posting!

Like many of you here, I love my H and fly it as much as I can. But one thing that I've been struggling with is the best way to carry it from my house to the open area in my back yard. It's not always obvious to me where the best place to hold it during transport, and I've very nervous about losing my grip and dropping it.

So two questions...

1. How do most of you carry/grip it? Do you hold it from underneath, grab one side of the props/legs?
2. Does anyone know of an easy-on/off "sling" that could be used to carry it?

Not sure if I'm the only one with this problem, but due to the size and weight of this thing...I'd really like to get a more safe and secure way to carry it.

Thanks in advance for any guidance or ideas

I carry it anywhere I can get a grip. I don't see that any damage can occur since it seems to be built well. Anywhere except a prop or the camera. And the ST16 has a handle.

Thanks Steve....agree with OnTheRopes, it's that I have a bit of a hike from upstairs in my house, through the garage, and then out to the clearing in my backyard. So for me, it's about having a way to carry it a relative long distance and avoid fatigue as well as potentially dropping it.

I grab the back end by the light since I typically have the arms collapsed. The light gives a bit of hump to grab onto

Put a bungee cord around the whole thing. Then you will have it all in one package.

Non of these methods are adequate though if you have to hike to your location. Many may never wish to do this but I expect to need to do this pretty soon, pretty soon the novelty of back yard filming will wear off and most of the best locations will not be near the car. I suppose it depends if you consider yourself a film maker/photographer or a flyer but you have to work hard to get good landscapes with a dslr and the same will apply to aerial.
If my backpack is much longer I will have to try and develop a decent method so I can also carry waterproofs, food and drink etc.

Non of these methods are adequate though if you have to hike to your location. Many may never wish to do this but I expect to need to do this pretty soon, pretty soon the novelty of back yard filming will wear off and most of the best locations will not be near the car. I suppose it depends if you consider yourself a film maker/photographer or a flyer but you have to work hard to get good landscapes with a dslr and the same will apply to aerial.
If my backpack is much longer I will have to try and develop a decent method so I can also carry waterproofs, food and drink etc.
And if you ordered the Yuneec backpack, it is HUGH !, Like having a monkey on your back !:(

Lol that is funny DC. If you take a lot of the stuff out before your trip you can make some room for other stuff i.e. Drinks snacks etc.

At $29.00 it's cheap enough.

Here's a facebook photo from someone who also bought it :
13256034_10208229788495922_5557857765801439892_n.jpg
13406856_10208229788615925_1571597153961342541_n.jpg

Reactions: Eric

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval