Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cathedral roof inspection

Reaction score
Hi All

Has any one done a roof inspection on a Church or Cathedral with he 520 yet?

I ask as I have had a request from one but not so keen with the current firmware.

If your 520 can hold a straight line in flight the firmware is not going to be a problem. If you have the E-50 camera the 520 can stand off far enough to provide an ample margin of safety and still collect detailed imagery. An E-90 would need to be much closer. Either way, we started doing inspections before waypoint flying became a “necessity”, with the results being established by the operator’s level of flight skills. If you can fly smooth and steady, with a lens that provides good detail, there’s not a lot of cause to sweat the firmware.

If your 520 can hold a straight line in flight the firmware is not going to be a problem. If you have the E-50 camera the 520 can stand off far enough to provide an ample margin of safety and still collect detailed imagery. An E-90 would need to be much closer. Either way, we started doing inspections before waypoint flying became a “necessity”, with the results being established by the operator’s level of flight skills. If you can fly smooth and steady, with a lens that provides good detail, there’s not a lot of cause to sweat the firmware.
Hi thanks for the reply.

I now have the e50 and hope to test it today if the weather holds. I was using the e90 and found that even in a slight wind it would be affected by an updraft from a building. I did get great results with it on the jobs I have done so far.

I doubt it will fly differently with the E-50. Just a note in case you didn’t already know, it will be more wind resistant with the gear raised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval