Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC - Altitude issues for waypoints and change direction speed

Reaction score
I've been testing the Curve Cable Cam waypoints and setting them at specific heights. But then when I start the route the waypoint coordinate is correct but the altitude is about 8ft LOWER than it should be!! I programmed a 12ft waypoint at the end of my driveway, and when it came down to that waypoint it was within 4ft of the ground! I recorded the footage at
Thinking it was a quirk, I had it run the route again and a second time it came within 4ft of the ground instead of 12ft!
I had this issue 2 days ago at my Car Wash, I had set an elevation of about 15ft but it came down to about 8ft as it swooped into the vacuum areas above a truck.
Anyone notice the same behavior? Do I need to add 10ft to each waypoint as a safety measure when close to the ground or obstacles?

Also when running at a certain speed thru the waypoints it doesn't slow down at all when the next waypoint is a reverse direction. In other words its trying to fast brake in mid air and reverse direction to keep the speed up. Would love if there was an option to soften the speed when the next waypoint is a complete reversal of direction instead of having to try to change that speed manually down and back up after its reversed course.

Loaded up the CCC route from the ST16
"yaw": 172.8000030517578,
"roll": 0,
"pointerIndex": 2,
"altitude": 2.180000066757202,
"longitude": -96.60704040527344,
"latitude": 33.06556701660156,
"pitch": 0,
"gimbalYam": 172.8000030517578,
"gimbalPitch": 3.069999933242798

That 2.18 is 7.15ft. Definitely a little lower than when I programmed the waypoint, but its flying down to 4ft (1.2 meters) when programmed.

Were you going to a higher spot than original take off height? I do not know if it has VPS (vision positioning yet) to make altitude adjustments yet ? That can be disastrous ! I thought that was to be a near future add on?

I am still too new to really be help you as much as I would like. I have not had a chance to really fly mine yet. Waiting for batteries.

From reading the forums I can ask a few simple things though. Maybe something will help.
I do know that it acts weird if it is to close to you and smart mode is enabled but I am unsure if that applies when using cable cam mode. Also did you have obstacle avoidance enabled by mistake at all? Again unsure if it effects it in CC and if that would cause anything like that anyway.

Also did you ever calibrate the compass? Maybe it is confused? Just tossing some thought out there man.

Last edited:
In Cable Cam mode you still should have stick control! Also to be in Cable Cam, would would need to be in Smart Mode, are you taking off inside 26" of the H? if so It will fly away from you, Your not answering my question so I can't help you!

Cable Cam mode my stick becomes gimbal global, which is what I want.

So manually adjusting the altitude from 2.18 to 4.18 has helped keep it higher up. I've tested it twice now and its not coming as close to the ground, still a little lower than 4.18 but at least its not 4ft off the ground. It now wants to fly the same route 3ft east of where it did when I recorded the waypoints though, which isn't cool. Locking onto 17 gps signals this evening vs 21 earlier today.

Very flat here in Texas (if you watch the video you'll see) - So nothing to change elevation from takeoff pad (driveway).

Yuneec was no help, they told me they can't see my youtube video, well video works just fine so maybe they aren't allowed to visit youtube...

Cable Cam mode my stick becomes gimbal global, which is what I want.

So manually adjusting the altitude from 2.18 to 4.18 has helped keep it higher up. I've tested it twice now and its not coming as close to the ground, still a little lower than 4.18 but at least its not 4ft off the ground. It now wants to fly the same route 3ft east of where it did when I recorded the waypoints though, which isn't cool. Locking onto 17 gps signals this evening vs 21 earlier today.

Very flat here in Texas (if you watch the video you'll see) - So nothing to change elevation from takeoff pad (driveway).

Yuneec was no help, they told me they can't see my youtube video, well video works just fine so maybe they aren't allowed to visit youtube...
What part of Texas? Im in Angelina County. Man you got me confused! 2.18 to 4.18 what my friend? height? or setting in the ST16? have you calibrated the Compass and Accelerometer and imu, sounds like they are out of wack ? !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval