Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cedar Park Texas : the big mystery

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have created a website to edit your CCC files. It works. Great !
BUT, by watching some of your uploaded files, I found this one concerning a flight over Cedar Park, TX.
By switching 2D to 3D (with the small icon on the bottom right), I found some buildings in the 2D view but a forest in the 3D. So, if someone knows that place, can he tell me what is the right view ?

difference.jpg

Editor : CCC editor for typhoon H - by Eric EMMANUEL

Looks like the buildings and factory are placed later and that there maybe is a year between the 3d and 2d photos...

Eric

Why would it matter what's there? There must be a reason you're asking

Google maps hasn't been around long enough for the forest image to be more up to date. That would mean complete demolition of the buildings and concrete pads, followed by full regrowth of the trees.

Reactions: Erik Graham
The top picture with the buildings is newer. I say this because if you look closely at the trees they are larger than the bottom picture. I would almost say these were taken several years apart.
Look closely at trees located near some of the other existing buildings in the bottom pic, they are further away from the buildings, and in the top picture they nearly touch the buildings.

Hi everyone, I have created a website to edit your CCC files. It works. Great !
BUT, by watching some of your uploaded files, I found this one concerning a flight over Cedar Park, TX.
By switching 2D to 3D (with the small icon on the bottom right), I found some buildings in the 2D view but a forest in the 3D. So, if someone knows that place, can he tell me what is the right view ?

View attachment 2092

Editor : CCC editor for typhoon H - by Eric EMMANUEL

Those are my Flights!!! LOL!!! As previously stated, the view with buildings is correct. They're building apartments so fast here that the map builders can't keep up! Oh and the "factory" is an indoor swimming school. It just opened a few weeks ago. None of those buildings were there 6 months ago. The building boom going on in this area is staggering. WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE MOVING HERE!!!

Those are my Flights!!! LOL!!! As previously stated, the view with buildings is correct. They're building apartments so fast here that the map builders can't keep up! Oh and the "factory" is an indoor swimming school. It just opened a few weeks ago. None of those buildings were there 6 months ago. The building boom going on in this area is staggering. WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE MOVING HERE!!!

Haaaa.... thanks you saved my life !
So the 2D is correct. Is that always true ? no, because, over my house, the right view is the 3D view.
That means : don't prepare a CCC without really knowing the place you are going to flight.

The building boom going on in this area is staggering. WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE MOVING HERE!!!
What. Did you guys legalize pot like CO, and caused an artificial explosion in the rental prices/home value plus supercharged building of human filing cabinets (apartments) with no parking?

I'm renting a tiny 2 bedroom apartment in a Section 8 apartment complex (recently under new ownership) for $1050 a month plus utl., and the houses in the area have jumped in sale value $200k in the last 4 years.

What. Did you guys legalize pot like CO, and caused an artificial explosion in the rental prices/home value plus supercharged building of human filing cabinets (apartments) with no parking?

I'm renting a tiny 2 bedroom apartment in a Section 8 apartment complex (recently under new ownership) for $1050 a month plus utl., and the houses in the area have jumped in sale value $200k in the last 4 years.

It's insane isn't it? I can't even attempt to protest my property taxes. By the time the appointment comes up, the houses around me are selling higher than my appraisal (that seemed ridiculous when I received it). On top of this, they continue to make the roads narrower to add bike lanes, then wonder why the traffic is so bad. If I hadn't been born here, I certainly wouldn't move here. But that's the way Austin is, boom or bust.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval