Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ Camera programmed to transmitter?

Reaction score
Hey everyone:

I have a quick question about what viewer to use for the CG03+ camera while mounted in the handheld. For now I just want to do some testing and having app issues with my iphone 8+ as far as adding apps. I know size may be an inconvenience but I was wondering since I have an extra st10+ and an st12 transmitter, can I bind the camera to one of them and use them for a viewer for now? Yes, I could carry the camera in one hand and the transmitter in the other and maybe also turn on the sound since it's off by default. I can do this right?? I just have to look up, 'Binding camera to transmitter'? Thanks.

Yes, that works. Standard procedure for camera binding...

br HE
Well, I tried that on my spare st12 and was unsuccessful. When I turned on the hand-held, the camera flashed red and white continuously and I went into system settings and chose the camera and hit bind and the radio said 'successful' and nothing. The camera still flashed red/white/red/white and nothing on the screen. when I first attempted it, it also asked me to select a model so I went through the motions and then I selected the CG03 + and then on another try, I selected CG03 and it said successful both times and nothing on the radio monitor and a red/white flashing on the camera. I've tried finding a YouTube video for binding a camera/handheld to the transmitter but I found nothing that didn't involve a drone set-up combination.

When I turned on the hand-held, the camera flashed red and white continuously and I went into system settings and chose the camera and hit bind and the radio said 'successful' and nothing. The camera still flashed red/white/red/white and nothing on the screen. when I first attempted it, it also asked me to select a model so I went through the motions and then I selected the CG03 + and then on another try, I selected CG03 and it said successful both times and nothing on the radio monitor and a red/white flashing on the camera. I've tried finding a YouTube video for binding a camera/handheld to the transmitter but I found nothing that didn't involve a drone set-up combination.
That's a camera problem, not a process problem. If the camera does not do the same thing when mounted on a Drone, I would suspect low voltage on the SteadyGrip. Maybe weak batteries, or maybe an actual problem.

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
I had just put fresh batteries in the hand-held and have a green battery status on the handheld, BUT, let me tell you about today.

I got to thinking about the red/white frightful flashing lights and wondered if a micro SD card installed would change that. I installed an sd card in the camera and switched it on. It had a white light for a moment, like a cool bright headlight, then it went to red for about 20 seconds like brake lights, then it went to a flashing green. Should it be solid green after linking up to a radio? Well, it's not linking up and i tried the st10+ and the st12, so I guess my wife is going to have to show me how to download the app for using the handheld with my Iphone. Let me tell ya, I even removed SAFARI from my home screen because I didn't know it was Apple's Search Engine LOL...... So at the moment, I'm having issues downloading anything or selecting things like a YouTube app to my home screen even though it showed, 'DONE'... I knew these smart phones would give me issues as far as web searching, etc. So, does the flashing green light mean it's waiting to boot up with a device?

Thanks, Scott

Yes the green flashing light indicates it is broadcasting its SSID of CGO3P_xxxxxx where the x’s are the last 6 digits of the MAC address (on the label of the camera).

What ever you use to try and connect has to be able to use 5.8 GHz WiFi. The iPhone 8 should work fine to connect using the WiFi Settings.

I had just put fresh batteries in the hand-held and have a green battery status on the handheld, BUT, let me tell you about today.
Scott,
The attached document is a step by step VERIFICATION for the SteadyGrip version of binding a camera to an ST10 or ST10+. The idea is to follow every step exactly as written. There are some preparations steps, then the document begins a series of taking some action, followed by a verification of what you SHOULD have seen as a result of the action. When you reach a verification step that does not match what you see, or if you are just not sure, STOP. Report the step number, and what you actually saw, back to the forum.

Attachments

• ST10+ SteadyGrip Camera Bind.pdf
    495.5 KB · Views: 7
Yes the green flashing light indicates it is broadcasting its SSID of CGO3P_xxxxxx where the x’s are the last 6 digits of the MAC address (on the label of the camera).

What ever you use to try and connect has to be able to use 5.8 GHz WiFi. The iPhone 8 should work fine to connect using the WiFi Settings.
Awesome thank you. Yes, I have the Iphone 8 plus. I was also thinking that maybe I might have to mount it on my 'H' and then bind a radio to it that way and then transfer the camera to the hand help and it should register on that radio. When you bind a different radio to the drone, does it cancel out the last radio or can you just pick up any radio that's been bound with that drone and go flying? I would think you could use any radio bound to the drone unless the drone only reads the ID of the last transmitter bound to it. Thanks for all your help. At least I'm getting some where and like MTFDproject says, we learn something new every day.

Attachments

• 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    0000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2
You should be able to bind the camera without binding the aircraft, but it can’t hurt to try it with it on the aircraft first. That might do the trick.

I know this is a bit late, but I have been looking for a customer viewing option. I realized I had a second ST 16 sitting collecting dust. I bound my cgo3+ to my st 16 and now I have an easy-to-use viewing platform for people on site. I was planning on running an inverter and a tv in the back of my vehicle with a long HDMI cable to my ST 16 during flight, but now I can use a standard HDMI and hook up the second ST 16 to it, so no wires on me while flying. Thanks, guys, this was a great thread!

I know this is a bit late, but I have been looking for a customer viewing option. I realized I had a second ST 16 sitting collecting dust. I bound my cgo3+ to my st 16 and now I have an easy-to-use viewing platform for people on site. I was planning on running an inverter and a tv in the back of my vehicle with a long HDMI cable to my ST 16 during flight, but now I can use a standard HDMI and hook up the second ST 16 to it, so no wires on me while flying. Thanks, guys, this was a great thread!
Better late than never!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval