Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ Camera

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have just started up typhoon H to go flying, after a week of weather on and off when my camera starts shacking and bleeping for no reason. And seats at weird angle.

When connected camera is working but gimbal is dead.

Back of camera where the grill is seems hot ??.

Any ideas...

Back of camera where the grill is seems hot ??.

That is normal. The transmitter as well as the electronic generate some heat. There ist even a small cooling fan inside. Usually it gets quiet warm. Not actually hot from my point of view but it is very noticable.

Have just started up typhoon H to go flying, after a week of weather on and off when my camera starts shacking and bleeping for no reason. And seats at weird angle.

First thing you can do is performing a calibration. I would wonder if it helps but maybe you are lucky. It is more likely that one of the connectors on the gimbal controller got lose or a wire ripped of. There is a round cap on the lower side of the top part. So right above that "camera sphere". It is only clipped on and can be removed without any tools. It is only a little difficult to get it out of the way without removing the camera itself. Be very careful while removing it since you can easily damage the wires and connectors.

After you removed that part, you can check all the connections and wires. Maybe you find something wrong.

It would also be nice if you share the beep-code since the camera tells you what exactly is wrong.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Yes I did calibration and nothing changed.

Ok have just managed to get cap off ok and I see a round sleeve also there, keeping the cables in check.

Looks fine.

OK did not know there's a bleep code chart,,,

Recharging battery at moment will update bleeps ASAP.

Many Thanks.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi guys,
..camera starts shacking and bleeping for no reason. And seats at weird angle.

You have a "failure to initialize", and the beeps are a code trying to tell you what is wrong. Each code is a series of long, then short beeps, then it repeats if there is only one code, or pauses, then moves to the next code if more than one code is present.
Count the number of long beeps, short beeps. Either post the results here, or refer to Attachment 10 (CGo3+ Gimbal Board Connections) in the document linked by @DoomMeister above. The codes are listed in a box in the lower right corner of the drawing.

A video is a great way to show the issue. You can't post a video directly to the forum, but you can post it elsewhere, (such as YouTube), and then post a link to it here.

Hi

OK i see what you mean.

Its 3 bleeps a the same in length then there is a pause and it repeats over and over again.

The bleeps are 1 sec in length.

??

Its 3 bleeps a the same in length then there is a pause and it repeats over and over again.
Are you sure the third one is not a little shorter than the first two?
It could be a code we don't know about, it could be a partial code, or maybe it's actually two longs and a short. A video would help ensure we chase the correct problem.

You could also swap the plugs to see if the code changes. Referring again to Attachment 10, swap connectors "G" and "H" (see upper left of the drawing). If the code changes to two long, two short, it will confirm the Pitch (tilt) encoder is bad. If the code remains unchanged, it will eliminate both of those encoders as the potential problem.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi guys,

Well after reading the attachment sheets I was no wiser so I dismantled CGO3 + and found the cause... the slip ring had 2 wires snapped but they were snapped so close to the end that I cannot solder them back or add new wire without burning the white protective coating, so i am going on the hunt for a replacement after I bag up all the parts ?.

Many thanks for all the help and where to go for Document with attachments that REALLY helped ?.

All the best ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbie56