Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ filters

Reaction score
I just got some filters for my CG03+, I put the biggest one on first and noticed it's kinda heavy for the gimbal. They're made out of aluminum alloy and glass, unlike the safety lense that comes with the camera. On the first flight I also noticed the the camera is slightly shaking, you can hardly notice though. Two minutes after takeoff the gimbal gives out. Shaking all over, pointing any direction the wind blows it. The camera after like 10 seconds rebooted and realigned. before the flight was over the camera was crooked side to side. I did 2 gimbal calibrations and restated the drone 3 times thoughout the flight. Has anyone else had a problem like this ?
Thanks,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V2R6YD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
these are the filters I got.

With the amount of aluminum that's there it looks to be a lot of weight for the gimbal to bear. I'm assuming if you take them off and recalibrate that it would operate correctly.

Ok, I'll try that. thanks

The camera is well balanced with the supplied UV lens. If you replace it with a heavier lens you would need to add weight to the back of the camera to get it to balance. You could try to tape a penny to the back of the camera but don't block any of the vent slots.

Reactions: rdonson
The camera is well balanced with the supplied UV lens. If you replace it with a heavier lens you would need to add weight to the back of the camera to get it to balance. You could try to tape a penny to the back of the camera but don't block any of the vent slots.
I know some fliers put putty to balance or you could use the transparent aluminum like in Star Trek:p

Please keep the technologies straight... the Star Trek tool used would be inertial dampeners... :cool:

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval