Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cg03+ hot and failing to turn

Reaction score
Hi, Following a mishap, commonly known as a crash due to pilot error, I have replaced the landing gear actuator and motor arm retaining spring, and refitted two of the gimbal cushions but on setting the aircraft up to return to flight the camera will turn left, reaches a 'sticky' point where it turns very slowly, then continues. It will not turn right and having had the aircraft turned on for a while there was a significant level of heat coming from the housing above the actual camera. The cover over the PCB is also loose and the PCB is at an angle but looks sound.

i've seen the other thread about hard reset for a tilting camera which I shall try but if anybody has an idea about turning & heat issues I'd be grateful to hear them

Cheers

Hi, Following a mishap, commonly known as a crash due to pilot error, I have replaced the landing gear actuator and motor arm retaining spring, and refitted two of the gimbal cushions but on setting the aircraft up to return to flight the camera will turn left, reaches a 'sticky' point where it turns very slowly, then continues. It will not turn right and having had the aircraft turned on for a while there was a significant level of heat coming from the housing above the actual camera. The cover over the PCB is also loose and the PCB is at an angle but looks sound.

i've seen the other thread about hard reset for a tilting camera which I shall try but if anybody has an idea about turning & heat issues I'd be grateful to hear them

Cheers
The heat could be the results of the motor under stress. As you mentioned it turns very slowly.
Dissemble the H, see if you can determine any obstacles in the way of the motor turning.
Could be bent shaft, not seated properly?

The heat could be the results of the motor under stress. As you mentioned it turns very slowly.
Dissemble the H, see if you can determine any obstacles in the way of the motor turning.
Could be bent shaft, not seated properly?

Thanks AH- 1G: Disassembly was my next approach. Looks like I gave the aircraft a bit more stress than I'd expected, so the trusty toolkit will be back out again!

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis