Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cg03 pro problem

Reaction score
I have a Yunec Typhoon H Pro with Realsense and CG03 Pro, the camera does not work in Pan / Tilt and 360, but it stabilizes, no deffault and video beeps, I verified the binding tablecloth with the motherboard of the mother's drone and c; is ok, do you have an idea diagnostic ???? Thank you in advance Patrick

Patrick,

The pan and tilt is controlled via the connectors on the camera mount. They have nothing to do with the 5.8GHz WiFi connection for video feed and camera settings.

The first item to check is that none of the spring contacts are stuck down on the aircraft side. 7F8D304F-F78D-443D-AF83-BC7210D2C48D.jpeg
If the contacts all look good, then you may have an issue with the wires in the camera that run from the mount contacts down to the gimbal control board. Download the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project and refer to Attachment 60. The PWM green and white wires are the ones that control the pan and tilt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patrick,

The pan and tilt is controlled via the connectors on the camera mount. They have nothing to do with the 5.8GHz WiFi connection for video feed and camera settings.

The first item to check is that none of the spring contacts are stuck down on the aircraft side. View attachment 27042
If the contacts all look good, then you may have an issue with the wires in the camera that run from the mount contacts down to the gimbal control board. Download the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project and refer to Attachment 60. The PWM green and white wires are the ones that control the pan and tilt.
thank you for this return, but j verified all this , and its ok but gimbal does not work, !!!! somes time its make this default and it was enough for me to start the drone to solve the problem sometimes several times There is no sequence of initializing the camera at start drone, no more when I launch the calibration, no bips, nothings.

Patrick

HI there,
Silly question you are using a CGO3 + camera and not a CGO3 from a Q500 4K.
Just to make sure.

Taz

Hi,

OK I had same thing and was told to check sensors and wiring on camera and found 1 sensor and 1 wire were faulty.
Once replaced all was fine 👍.

T

Hi,

OK I had same thing and was told to check sensors and wiring on camera and found 1 sensor and 1 wire were faulty.
Once replaced all was fine 👍.

T
OK, well
contacts from the camera connector to the camera connector where pwm is located everything is ok, not cutoff, so it comes from the camera motherboard, or drone motherboard side, I do not include the FC because tried with another. I specify that the camera works in video, stabilizes, but can not be controlled in tilt / pan by the st16 and j canot calibrate.

Patrick

OK got it.
So camera does not bleep and no flashing lights.

If you look on ( here ), there is a new download for the st16 but I have not tried it yet, it may help. 👍

T

OK, well
contacts from the camera connector to the camera connector where pwm is located everything is ok, not cutoff, so it comes from the camera motherboard, or drone motherboard side, I do not include the FC because tried with another. I specify that the camera works in video, stabilizes, but can not be controlled in tilt / pan by the st16 and j canot calibrate.

Patrick
From your description I am deducing that when you power up the aircraft with the CGO3+ attached it initializes and the gimbal levels the camera with the horizon pointing toward the front of the aircraft, and displays the video feed on the ST16. The issue is that you cannot control the pan and tilt using the ST16.

You state that the contacts are good between the aircraft and camera. Have you checked continuity inside the camera through the slip ring from the mounting contacts to the gimbal control board. Since the camera is powered up chances are slim that the issue is inside the aircraft. It is most likely the wiring in the slip ring. Refer to the attachments for the CGO3+ in the Way to Fix Drones document.

If you go to System Setting on the ST16 and tap on Hardware Monitor are all of the functions working when you activate the tilt etc. functions.?
@CHRIS KOCH: Good one Chris. It may not be the answer, of course. But it is a REALLY good point to mention.

@pat4si: Patrick, there are some things in earlier posts that did not translate well enough to be certain we are understanding what you are seeing. It is good you are translating to English. It is often helpful if you also include your original statements in your own language.
The translation and use of the words "stabilize" and "initialize" caught my attention as something that may be a translation error. When your camera starts, does it point forward and hold itself level?
In post #7 you mentioned "I do not include the FC because tried with another". Do you have a second Typhoon H and CGo3+ camera available? If so, does the camera show the same problem when mounted on the other Typhoon H?

I suggest eliminating any glitch with the binding process by creating a new model and binding to that model. If it still does not tilt then the problem is likely wiring inside the camera.

@CHRIS KOCH: Good one Chris. It may not be the answer, of course. But it is a REALLY good point to mention.

@pat4si: Patrick, there are some things in earlier posts that did not translate well enough to be certain we are understanding what you are seeing. It is good you are translating to English. It is often helpful if you also include your original statements in your own language.
The translation and use of the words "stabilize" and "initialize" caught my attention as something that may be a translation error. When your camera starts, does it point forward and hold itself level?
In post #7 you mentioned "I do not include the FC because tried with another". Do you have a second Typhoon H and CGo3+ camera available? If so, does the camera show the same problem when mounted on the other Typhoon H?
When your camera starts, does it point forward and hold itself level?

Hello CHRIS,

no j do not have another aircraft, but j have another motherboard with another FC, yes the camera point and hold itself level,

Patrick

Reactions: WTFDproject
From your description I am deducing that when you power up the aircraft with the CGO3+ attached it initializes and the gimbal levels the camera with the horizon pointing toward the front of the aircraft, and displays the video feed on the ST16. The issue is that you cannot control the pan and tilt using the ST16.

You state that the contacts are good between the aircraft and camera. Have you checked continuity inside the camera through the slip ring from the mounting contacts to the gimbal control board. Since the camera is powered up chances are slim that the issue is inside the aircraft. It is most likely the wiring in the slip ring. Refer to the attachments for the CGO3+ in the Way to Fix Drones document.
Hello, yes is this
j checked wires of contacs aircraf to control gimbal board inside the camera on last connector , wires green and white.

Patrick

I suggest eliminating any glitch with the binding process by creating a new model and binding to that model. If it still does not tilt then the problem is likely wiring inside the camera.

Hello,

j do this and no change !!!

Patrick

Hello, yes all is working

Patrick
An extension of the "Hardware Monitor" thought. The Hardware Monitor looks at a point early in the signal data stream. There is another point in the data stream that reflects the actual signal sent to the Drone. It is called the "Final Output" display, and is only available for the Typhoon H ST16.
Do a quick double tap on the Volts Icon of the ST16 display screen. When the Final Output display appears, move the Pitch and Yaw controls to ensure the CORRECT channels are moving on the display.
Pitch and Yaw drawing.jpg

Reactions: Steve Carr
An extension of the "Hardware Monitor" thought. The Hardware Monitor looks at a point early in the signal data stream. There is another point in the data stream that reflects the actual signal sent to the Drone. It is called the "Final Output" display, and is only available for the Typhoon H ST16.
Do a quick double tap on the Volts Icon of the ST16 display screen. When the Final Output display appears, move the Pitch and Yaw controls to ensure the CORRECT channels are moving on the display.
View attachment 27088
Hello,

yes corrects channels move on ch7 and ch8

Patrick

Reactions: WTFDproject
Hello,

yes corrects channels move on ch7 and ch8

Patrick
Patrick,
There are several primary areas that need to be discussed to even know what to look at:
1.) The drone side (spring) mount contacts.
2.) The camera side mount contact.
3.) The circuit board in the top of the camera mount.
4.) The slip ring.
5.) The camera gimbal board.
6.) The drone main board.
7.) The connector board above the drone side of the camera mount
8.) The wires and connectors that tie them together.

You have checked the spring contacts on the mount, which seems to eliminate item 1.
You have indicated the circuit between the top of the camera and the slip ring connector on the gimbal board is good. That seems to eliminate items 2, 3 and 4.
Items 5 and 6 will require inspections that are not easily done, and may not be possible via Forum messages. It is not practical to invest time and effort into these items until all other items are eliminated.
That leaves items 7 and 8.
Items 7 and 8 can be eliminated by doing a continuity check from the back side of the connector on the Drone mainboard all the way to the slip ring connector on the camera gimbal board. Attachment 60 mentioned in the earlier posts will show which of the gray wires inside the shell correspond to the each of the colored wires at the gimbal board.
Please understand we cannot proceed until we know the results of this continuity check.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval