Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03 wiring broken. Help appreciated I am a real novice

Reaction score
Hi All,

Picked up a Q500 4K this morning. Paying far too much attention to not over-tightening the propellers I clearly didn't tighten them enough. From about 5 foot one prop flew off and down she came. I have managed to break the wiring to the camera. It doesn't look like the worst thing I could have done and I am sure I can reattach them (advice still appreciated on this too), but the problem I have is they are all the same colour (black), so I have no clue as to which one goes where.

If anyone has had this happen before or knows what to do I really would appreciate a steer on this. This was my first flight ever and I am gutted.

Thanks in advance.IMG_2355.JPGIMG_2356.JPG

If anyone has had this happen before or knows what to do I really would appreciate a steer on this. This was my first flight ever and I am gutted.
Cut those wires off so they can't touch anything and just use the cable you have shown. The three broken wires are the same ones used by that patch cable.
Are there o-rings on the motors under the props? You should screw on the props until they hit the o-ring and then turn by hand until they fell snug which is about 3/4 of a turn or so. Hold the motor with one hand and turn the prop with the other.

When you put the camera dampers back together here is a simple way to do it.

Take the 3 screws off the cover and you'll see what is ground.
Most likely the bottom wire in your pic is the ground.
The other two wires are inverted to one another, check on your clip if you can see the wording (inverted) is the same. Then solder.

Even though my pic is the H at least you only have 3 wires to deal with
If the panning controls are oposite of controling the camera then all you have to do is switch the two wires.

Attachments

• DSC_0030.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Cut those wires off so they can't touch anything and just use the cable you have shown. The three broken wires are the same ones used by that patch cable.
Are there o-rings on the motors under the props? You should screw on the props until they hit the o-ring and then turn by hand until they fell snug which is about 3/4 of a turn or so. Hold the motor with one hand and turn the prop with the other.

When you put the camera dampers back together here is a simple way to do it.

Hi Steve, & AH1G

Firstly thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Secondly I don't know what you mean...sorry!

The broken wires are part of the plate that slides onto the drone (three gold contacts align). So those wires (I assume) were physically connected into the plug I showed on the other picture. So if I cut off the broken wires, how would I then connect it back together.

I literally followed all the set up instructions and had the camera working before I took off (albeit brief), so at that point it was wired to something. The pictures show the two parts 1) Camera to drone connector plate with broken wires. 2) Cable connected to the rest of the camera.

Can you explain again please.

The 3 wires go to the end of that plug, looks like they were soldered into the plug.

Can you take a end pic of the plug.

Hi,

Yep I have an ohm meter.

Here is the picture, but strictly speaking this is a socket and not a plug. So I am wondering if I have lost something (not sure though as to separate the plug from the wires as well as separating the plug from the socket, would be bad luck indeed). I have looked in the grass where it fell, but I can't find anything.

IMG_2357.JPGIMG_2358.JPG

Ok, your ground wire most likely is the far left. No wire to the right.
If you look at your first pic you posted, the top wire has some copper that was broken off inside the plug. if you can see/ find that pin it goes into, then you only have one choice to insert the other wire.

Hmmm, does that copper piece go to second from the left?? no.

I've sussed it. That little cable actually plugs directly into the drone to bypass the wiring, which I guess is what Steve was trying to tell me. There is a rubber flap and underneath a connector. I just didn't see it, but found another YouTube video (
) and then realised. To dark to try now, but will post back once I've tried.
I really appreciate all your help. I'll now write out 100 times "do the props up properly" :confused:

Interesting. Now I can see why he mentioned cut the wires. Good to know this.

Right. The 3 wires on the gimbal proved to be unreliable so the external cable is by far the best way to connect the camera. They both do the same thing. Two wires supply power and the third wire supplies the camera tilt signal.

First thing is "Yeah, I agree" with leaving the black wires off and just using the pigtail connector. But if anyone really wants to reconnect the wires on a CG03. here are some pics of how the wires are labeled. (Pics are from a board someone wishes they had just used the pigtail)20181103_101218.jpg

20181103_101443.jpg

20181103_101516.jpg

Attachments

• 20181103_101443.jpg
    20181103_101443.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
First thing is "Yeah, I agree" with leaving the black wires off and just using the pigtail connector. But if anyone really wants to reconnect the wires on a CG03. here are some pics of how the wires are labeled. (Pics are from a board someone wishes they had just used the pigtail)View attachment 12253

View attachment 12255

View attachment 12256
First thing is "Yeah, I agree" with leaving the black wires off and just using the pigtail connector. But if anyone really wants to reconnect the wires on a CG03. here are some pics of how the wires are labeled. (Pics are from a board someone wishes they had just used the pigtail)View attachment 12253

View attachment 12255

View attachment 12256
Top bloke. Great info. Having now got the cable to work, i’ll pass. However, I am sure there are loads out there, with a steady soldering hand, who will simply see this as the right thing to do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis