Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO 3+ Loud Beep (Long) Erratic Gimbal Spin, Limp Camera

There is no problem with the soldering joint.

If you are planning to repair the camera yourself, don't move other magnets at all. If you have displaced only one magnet (roll or pitch) you can change the defective magnet and with some patience bring the camera back to life.

Where to get magnets are still a mystery. You can ask someone with a smashed camera to lend one, but to buy a new one is almost impossible. China, which is the last place, where the sintered magnets are produced, has no sizes in stock. Should order at least a few kilograms. This is not profitable for no one.
Thank you for the advice.

At this point, you need to determine which to fix. You don't really have a way to test the magnet directly. Your choices are to find a replacement roll encoder to see if that fixes the problem, or you can do the swap mentioned above. The swap will check both the encoder and the magnet.

At this point, you need to determine which to fix. You don't really have a way to test the magnet directly. Your choices are to find a replacement roll encoder to see if that fixes the problem, or you can do the swap mentioned above. The swap will check both the encoder and the magnet.
I will get on it tomorrow.
Will post update soon.

Thank you again for your help!

I have performed the the encoder swap.
]
The gymbal acted exactly the same.
I have observed that I am getting the the encoder beeps (Long Long-short short).

I grabbed my multimeter and set it to 2000k ohms.
Not looking for a specific value, I tested the A5600 pitch motor chip, then
checked the exact same contacts for the roll motor's A5600.
The value for both are the same.

Going on what I found on the roll magnet (fuzzy brown iron ore and lots of it), I began to suspect the strength of the roll magnet.

I used the same small screwdriver and touched it to the pitch magnet (for comparison).
Then I touched it to the roll magnet.

Very big difference.
Pitch magnet was way stronger than the roll magnet.

Assuming that the iron ore has been stuck to the roll magnet for a long time, I do believe that the magnet is just as Vaklin stated.
The roll magnet has lost it's strength.

I cannot thank you guys enough for helping me iron this out!

Reactions: WTFDproject
The next challenge is to change the illness magnet with a good one.

This is not a simple task.

For now, get a broken camera from somewhere.

Don't move the rest two magnets if you want to use this camera further. If you're changing only one magnet, you have a chance to avoid the necessity of calibration.

UPDATE:

SUCCESS!!!!

With the help of very talented and generous individuals, I have brought this cgo 3+ back to life!
I cannot thank this community enough.

After narrowing down the cause of the issue, I was able to focus on the solution.
In this case, the solution was a replacement of the roll magnet.

My ego would not let me send this unit back to Yunnec for re calibration so I purchased a magnet poll tester.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M72CZ1B?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The plan was to index the existing magnet and then the replacement magnet.
I located the north poll of the replacement magnet and marked it with a small, black dot (at the strongest point of north).

Using the poll tester, I located the north poll of the existing magnet.
With the cgo 3+ on the bench (roll motor facing up), I I rotated the roll arm until north lined up with the yaw arm (in the center of the frame).
The north poll of the existing magnet was facing upward, if the gymbal were mounted.
I marked the position of the roll arm and then made a mark (with a black sharpee) on the yaw and roll arm.

Then I double checked the roll magnet to insure that the north poll still lined up with the yaw arm.
Everything lined up.
I felt confident.

I removed the existing magnet using stainless steel tweezers.
Carefully, I installed the replacement magnet, with the black dot lining up in the center of the yaw arm exactly as the existing magnet.
Made sure that my roll arm and yaw arm index lines matched up.

All looked good.
Feeling like kid on Christmas morning, I installed the camera and powered up the system.

The gymbal powered up and slowly faced forward while the camera gently pitched up stabilized.

No twitch.
No spin.
No error codes.

SUCCESS!!!

Now if I can figure how to get someone else to clean up my shop, I can die in peace with a huge grin. :)

Apologies for not posting video of success.
It is supper time and I am firing up the grill!

Thank you guys for all of the time in and the help!! :)

That’s awesome you fixed the problem, I have the same problem but cannot find the magnets.Any chance you can tell me were you got yours from so I can repair mine.
regards Adam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz