Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ and the smartphone app

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to use the smartphone app with the CGO3+ on the H? Mine seems to connect but will not show an image and I don't have the ability to activate the camera. This makes the wizard kind-of useless, at least as a single controller.

Thanks, I managed to get it to work on my table but it doesn't work on my phone.

Has anyone been able to use the smartphone app with the CGO3+ on the H? Mine seems to connect but will not show an image and I don't have the ability to activate the camera. This makes the wizard kind-of useless, at least as a single controller.
I bought the Typhoon ActionCam from Carolina Drones and it arrived today. I just spent 5 hours getting the latest CGO3 V0.1.0.0049 Android app to connect my Nexus 5 to the Typhoon H CGO3+ fitted to the CGO SteadyGrip. The difficulty lies in the Android version on your phone. I have the latest 6.0.1 version of Android marshmallow and connecting it is a *****. Your phone and version of Android may be different. I had to assign a static IP address to the CGO3+ camera in Android before the two would sync up and display the camera view. Once I got the app working the CGO3+ and hand grip work like they're supposed to....except for serious lag between what the camera records and what you see on the phone screen. Audio recording is also actually worthless because the gimbal motors buzz too loud to make it worth listening to. Its a nice device but it needs better installation instructions and some way to silence the gimbal motors. BTW...the current steady grip comes with a 11.1 V 1400mAH 3C LiPo battery and 12.6V 1A wall charger.

Apple mini 2 works well. I'm still getting used to the slight delay with wifi for video.

I used an iPhone 6+
No problems... But it is slow to connect.

Apple mini 2 works well. I'm still getting used to the slight delay with wifi for video.
The recording delay gets longer the longer I record. How is that possible when the WiFi source, the app and data card are within inches of each other?

Is it possible to tether the phone and camera together with a USB cord for a direct connection for control and recording?

I tried it one a Windows 10 Computer but it didn't do anything. I was hoping to use it as a webcam.

I got a new phone yesterday, a Samsung S7 Edge. It connects just fine and very quickly I might add. I flew the H out to 400+ feet before the video started freezing up on the phone.

can the cgo3+ while on the H be linked to the cgo3 app on my phone and at the same time to the st16 controller??

image.jpeg
Yep no problem. Mind you the antenna signal is ordinary.

well what do you know it worked, factory default password for camera is 1234567890.

Thanks ... now time to get a antenna booster for the phone haha

Reactions: Haydn
I have a question about this ... I would like to mount CG03+ on car, bike, airplane (yeah baby!) etc. and control pan & tilt, rec on/off, photo etc via ST16.

Is this possible WITHOUT the SteadyGrip ActionCam thing?

Thanks

I have a question about this ... I would like to mount CG03+ on car, bike, airplane (yeah baby!) etc. and control pan & tilt, rec on/off, photo etc via ST16.

Is this possible WITHOUT the SteadyGrip ActionCam thing?

Thanks
No.
Won't work.

OK, then next question ... is it possible to even GET the Action Cam handle without buying yet another CGO3+? Then I can use ST16?

Barring that, maybe I can hack something up from my drowned Typhoon ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval